31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot think of a goalkeeper that would be a better fit than Eddie for City. It's unfortunate that a goalkeeping mistake is always magnified, because he usually has so little to do. An outfield player can lose the ball in a tackle , or lose control of the ball and give it away, but that can be rectified in mins with a redeeming tackle or assist then the other stuff is forgotten. Eddie might not get a meaningful passage of play for 10,20,25 mins? So any error he makes sticks out in the context of the game overall.

I can imagine some on here criticising David Silva for his lack of ability in the air.

Look at the player in the round, FFS, and what he contributes to our winning team.
You know the drill by now, if perfection isn’t delivered then my God we will have posters on here quick to point it out!! Haha!
It really does seem absurd though when looking at what Ederson has brought to the team pretty much from day one that some still don’t get it and try and justify their bollocks with some weird stats about his save percentage.
He’s fucking mint. We would be far poorer without him and there’s not one keeper on the planet right now who could do for our team what he does.

Let’s have it right, when he’s been criticised this/last season…it’s been genuine and not nitpicking.

Saved our arses yesterday, though, and has done a fair few times this season. Love the bloke.
I regularly see him criticised for goals that he couldn't really have done anything about just because half of our fans can't conceptualise what a modern goalkeeper looks like and think everyone should be exactly like Hart.

I have said it before (probably on this thread), but leave the statistics aside for a minute. I used to play Right Back. There is not a keeper in the Premiership, probably in Europe and possibly in the world, that I would rather have behind me than Eddie. In my view, he is the best there is, maybe not in terms of X, Y or Z, but as a team mate, as one of us, as a defender, as someone you can depend on, top dog.

I’m not sure what debate there can be. Like any keeper in the world, Eddie makes the occasional mistake. He is not perfect. However, he is the most important player in the cog of this magnificent machine. Everything about his game fits us to perfection. I would not swap him for any other goalkeeper in the world. Please god he is with us for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.