31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes which I is why I’d sack the GK coach and bring someone in to get Eddie back to his levels from 3 or 4 years ago. He arrived as a very good shot stopper. He is no longer a very good shot stopper. That’s a coaching issue for me rather than talent issue, but something clearly isn’t right at the minute.

100% agree with that

Of course we need Haaland. You're right, Ederson doesn't have to pull of worldies when we've been solid in defence but i maintain he's saved more goals than he's conceded. How many times has he raced off his line to snuff out danger?

Do you want us to sell him? if so which keeper fits how we play better and is a better all round keeper than Eddie?
Answered your question above to someone else.

Yes which I is why I’d sack the GK coach and bring someone in to get Eddie back to his levels from 3 or 4 years ago. He arrived as a very good shot stopper. He is no longer a very good shot stopper. That’s a coaching issue for me rather than talent issue, but something clearly isn’t right at the minute.
I think he gets bored, and loses concentration, not much can be done about that because he could often be sat on a deckchair in the penalty area D, we generally concede so few chances.

Had to be alert yesterday, as we kept playing for offside (badly), nothing much he could do about either goal for me, stopped one they should have scored.

Answered your question above to someone else.
Fair enough mate, but so many on here are quick to put the boot in without explaining why. And i think you are right, i agree it's likely coaching issues. But just because Ederson has been a bit shakey this season doesn't mean he is done for, far from it.

I think he gets bored, and loses concentration, not much can be done about that because he could often be sat on a deckchair in the penalty area D, we generally concede so few chances.

Had to be alert yesterday, as we kept playing for offside (badly), nothing much he could do about either goal for me, stopped one they should have scored.
Was that the one he raced out to thwart Antonio from Fernandinho's weak back pass?

No he's not the biggest reason we haven't won the CL. Pep's overthinking and bizzare formations against Monaco Lyon and Chelsea cost us. Liverpool's ferel fans pre meditated antics on smashing our coach up cost us, and VAR and UEFA cost us by ruling out Sterling's late winner against Spurs.

But hey ho, let's all blame Ederson as "the biggest reason". Lol.

Pep's made his mistakes but there's no way Ederson isn't the biggest reason. It's virtually impossible to win the CL with a keeper that can't make saves.

Courtois made an outstanding save against us and then Madrid scored. It's those fine margins that cost us. We conceded 5 to Spurs and half the goals went through Ederson, Lyon went through him then he proceeded to mess up an easy catch.

He's a bad shot stopper. There will never be a day where Ederson wins a MOTM for City.

The flag was up and it was offside.
Still was alert and did make a save. Atletico Madrid was another example of him making a crucial save. There isn't much difference in the two keepers. Alisson wasn't too clever last season.

Last edited:
Pep's made his mistakes but there's no way Ederson isn't the biggest reason. It's virtually impossible to win the CL with a keeper that can't make saves.

Courtois made an outstanding save against us and then Madrid scored. It's those fine margins that cost us. We conceded 5 to Spurs and half the goals went through Ederson, Lyon went through him then he proceeded to mess up an easy catch.

He's a bad shot stopper. There will never be a day where Ederson wins a MOTM for City.
Ok then it's clear you want him out, fair enough. Who is a better keeper that's available to sign this summer?

If that happend that would be down to the whole defence totally collapsing. And if you want that type of keeper then that option would be playing for a relegation side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.