31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Ederson and Courteois were poor in the home tie. Last night Courtois was outstanding repeatedly keeping RM in the game whilst Ederson was poor again and had no impact in either denying them goals or launching great counter attacks. He is too heavy ,not agile and not tall enough. When we are playing keep ball with an opponent not harassing our defence its all very well pinging it around the defence but save some shots that aren't just rebounding off you and maybe save a penalty occasionally...
He made a save that stopped them going ahead

That keeper at Villa (Martinez) is the best goalkeeper in this league. The lad we've had on loan at Portsmouth (I've seen lots of him on EFL Player) is a good combination of shot stopper and footballing sweeper. Our issue is that Ederson is just so good with his feet that any change would compromise our whole philosophy of playing out.

Ederson seems like a lovely guy with a great personality, he's part of the reasons for our recent success. However he is an awful shot stopper and it's costing us in big games.

He doesnt even attempt to jump/move for shots, the Rodrygo header was in the middle of the goal right above his shoulder. He waited for the Benzema cross to fall into his arms instead of going to the ball, if he had gone to the ball even if Rodrygo got to the ball first the angle to score would have been blocked.

Sentiment will not help us, Ederson has to be replaced as our 1st choice goalkeeper. A keepers main duty is last line of defence not first line of attack.

The issue is what Goalkeepers are available that can play with their feet and are actually primarily good goalkeepers. Ter-Stegen? Neuer?
Bollocks but i admire your repeated slagging of eddie

This is the conundrum, he's 'Integral' to our game. And this is something Pep needs to analyse. Do we need to change our game slightly? Edersons kicking in the Real Madrid games wasnt great, in the big games shot stopping and commanding your area are more important.

There's a reason Allison is Brazil's number 1 keeper.
Dipper ?

Ederson's not currently what he was between 2017-2019 but he's absolutely fine by me. Still one of the best keepers in the league. Drops a bollock every now and then but, like, keepers do. Every keeper goes through a bad period every now and again. I genuinely didn't think De Gea was going to recover from the 2018 World Cup but he has after all. Ederson will be back to his best self before long.

That keeper at Villa (Martinez) is the best goalkeeper in this league. The lad we've had on loan at Portsmouth (I've seen lots of him on EFL Player) is a good combination of shot stopper and footballing sweeper. Our issue is that Ederson is just so good with his feet that any change would compromise our whole philosophy of playing out.
Good shout, Martinez is quality.

This is the conundrum, he's 'Integral' to our game. And this is something Pep needs to analyse. Do we need to change our game slightly? Edersons kicking in the Real Madrid games wasnt great, in the big games shot stopping and commanding your area are more important.

There's a reason Allison is Brazil's number 1 keeper.

Alisson is dodgy as fuck. Go and watch Liverpool's loss to West Ham and tell me he's a better goalkeeper than Ederson.

Better shot stopper? Sure. But he's weak on crosses, slower off his line, worse with the ball at his feet, and makes more actual mistakes than Ederson does

Alisson is dodgy as fuck. Go and watch Liverpool's loss to West Ham and tell me he's a better goalkeeper than Ederson.

Better shot stopper? Sure. But he's weak on crosses, slower off his line, worse with the ball at his feet, and makes more actual mistakes than Ederson does
Lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.