31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's as good if not better than most PL 'keepers, including Allison- the guy hailed by most as the best in the league, who cost Liverpool that fixture last season.
Gave the ball away in this game in a dangerous position that we could have punished, and was likewise beaten at his far post by Foden further out than Ederson. Which isn't to say he had a bad game, but these lads aren't robots. In games of high intensity and incredible skill sometimes you might get beat as a keeper.

Facts are facts. You are talking nonsense.

Ederson suffers from Bravoitis. We concede barely a shot on target a game so he gets no chance to pump up the stats except clean sheets. The ones we do concede usually seem to be absolute worldies or just good goals.

Let's get Pickford in if you want someone who makes a lot of saves.

Meanwhile Ederson has back to back premier League golden gloves and is all round probably the best keeper in the world.

Certainly no one else in the world capable of the passes he plays. Not even KDB could play that one he did for Foden today.
Just to add to that, his reading of the game as a sweeper keeper is also excellent. The whole point to our game is that we press high, including our defence, because we trust him to pick up any balls over the top, as he did a few times on Sunday.

He always has a fuck up in him and he is no better than average at shot stopping.
He commands his area very well and his distribution/playmaking abilities are unrivalled.

Overall,i don't believe there is a better keeper in the league for our style.

I agree but I think you have probably left out that he is one of the bravest keepers you will see.

Agreed, lads. And I’d add that he recovers very quickly from those fcuk ups.

It comes with being an all-round cool dude…something I can easily identify with ;)

Ederson and Brazil players will miss Burnley:

Brazil play on 15/10 @ 01:30 against Uruguay,

While City play on 16/10 @ 15:00 against Burnley

Crazy scheduling!

Ederson and Brazil players will miss Burnley:

Brazil play on 15/10 @ 01:30 against Uruguay,

While City play on 16/10 @ 15:00 against Burnley

Crazy scheduling!
Luckily it's Burnley who won't press us high anyway, so it's not like Ederson would have too many chances to score an assist due to a high line. :) Steffen will do, provided he is back in time this time.

Wouldn't say he will definitely miss Burnley. First of all he's not even playing in their first game so no guarantees he plays against Uruguay. If he doesn't play he definitely plays against Burnley and there's still a chance he plays even if he does. Much easier for a keeper to play that frequently. I'm sure the city staff with have everything planned out for him to minimise disruption to routine. Jesus won't play though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.