31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never fails to produce the morons. Go watch salahs shot in real time not in super slow motion if you think he should be saving that. Nobody's saying Allison should have saved Fodens goal and that was a much easier save to make.

Ederson was a huge reason why Liverpool couldn't press like they did in the first 10 minutes. The very second ederson pinged a 80 yard ball to the feet of Foden clean through, Liverpool immediately stopped the intense press that was preventing us from getting out of our half and we instantly get control of the game. All of that is because ederson exists. He still did it a few times even when they dropped too that should really have resulted in a goal and assist for him.

The fact his name on the team sheet automatically makes us invulnerable to the high press is just taken for granted now and he never gets credit for it. Had no chance with the goals no matter what the few goalkeeping experts on here say, commanded his box superbly, got everything right coming out of his area, came for every single ball into his box which is a huge part of liverpools game and a major source of goals for them and got everything until that one mistake at the end. Got lucky with that no doubt but his stats for commanding his area are by far and away better than anybody else in the league so he earned that one.
this is all well and good but come on....his 1 on 1 shot stopping is none existant

3 shots 2 goals. at least he saved the 1st one on target this week.
without doubt our weakest link.
people cant see past that hes great on the ball.
yes he can pass...yes he can (sometimes) command his area but shot stopping.....fuck me hes shocking.
people say he best in the world....fuck me .
Weakest link? Fuck me you’re deluded

Weakest link? Fuck me you’re deluded
mate we have arguably the best squad in the league.
great attack
brillinat midfield
conceded 3 in the league
but when it comes to shots on target ederson concedes nearly every time. facts are facts. take a look at look at shots to goals ratio. no matter how much hes good with the ball....he doesnt save shots. its literally as simple as that.

this is all well and good but come on....his 1 on 1 shot stopping is none existant
You've just described him as our weakest link. We clearly have very very different views as alongside walker he's our most indispensable player in the entire squad. Perfect Pep player.

Just to address your he doesn't make saves myth. He made the same amount of saves today as Alisson and conceded the same are we also saying Alison doesn't make saves? 2 best keepers in the league are incapable of making saves apparently...

Last edited:
great attack
brillinat midfield
conceded 3 in the league
but when it comes to shots on target ederson concedes nearly every time. facts are facts. take a look at look at shots to goals ratio. no matter how much hes good with the ball....he doesnt save shots. its literally as simple as that.
Imo hard to judge a gk on stats.. he saves us a lot with his rushing out and clearing the ball too when we play such a high line. I have seen him make some amazing saves as well. But to say he is out weakest Link is just not accurate.

great attack
brillinat midfield
conceded 3 in the league
Facts are facts. You are talking nonsense.

Ederson suffers from Bravoitis. We concede barely a shot on target a game so he gets no chance to pump up the stats except clean sheets. The ones we do concede usually seem to be absolute worldies or just good goals.

Let's get Pickford in if you want someone who makes a lot of saves.

Meanwhile Ederson has back to back premier League golden gloves and is all round probably the best keeper in the world.

Certainly no one else in the world capable of the passes he plays. Not even KDB could play that one he did for Foden today.

I'm not calling for Ederson to be dropped but I really like Steffan. He seems to be good with his feet and more of a traditional shot stopper. I suspect he is equal to Ederson but its hard to know unless he gets a long run of games sometime.

great attack
brillinat midfield
conceded 3 in the league
Let's get Tim Krul, he saves a lot of shots.

Never fails to produce the morons. Go watch salahs shot in real time not in super slow motion if you think he should be saving that. Nobody's saying Allison should have saved Fodens goal and that was a much easier save to make.

Ederson was a huge reason why Liverpool couldn't press like they did in the first 10 minutes. The very second ederson pinged a 80 yard ball to the feet of Foden clean through, Liverpool immediately stopped the intense press that was preventing us from getting out of our half and we instantly get control of the game. All of that is because ederson exists. He still did it a few times even when they dropped too that should really have resulted in a goal and assist for him.

The fact his name on the team sheet automatically makes us invulnerable to the high press is just taken for granted now and he never gets credit for it. Had no chance with the goals no matter what the few goalkeeping experts on here say, commanded his box superbly, got everything right coming out of his area, came for every single ball into his box which is a huge part of liverpools game and a major source of goals for them and got everything until that one mistake at the end. Got lucky with that no doubt but his stats for commanding his area are by far and away better than anybody else in the league so he earned that one.

I realised when Allison had the ball at one point and saw us pressing high up, he’d have to kick it long and it didn’t panic me at all - I knew Dias or Laporte would win the header.

It made me realise just how much of a ballache it must be being an opposition fan against us when Ederson has the ball knowing he has that monster 80 yard pass in his locker. It must be rare to feel ‘safe’ when he has the ball

I'm not calling for Ederson to be dropped but I really like Steffan. He seems to be good with his feet and more of a traditional shot stopper. I suspect he is equal to Ederson but its hard to know unless he gets a long run of games sometime.

Nobody is equal to Ederson distribution wise mate (if that’s what you meant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.