31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't notice that he had a poor game, thought he was decent. I don't know what you thought he did wrong.
I don’t think he had an actively poor game. He just doesn’t make any out of the ordinary saves. Anything that is anything other than straight forward, and there is a high chance it beats him.
He’s just not a very good shot stopper. And today showed it once again.

Did very well to tip that Coutinho shot over the bar (why oh why does that guy always seem to play well against us?), but he really should be doing better on the goal conceded. Although Akanji didn't distinguish himself either.
Hart in his pomp was pulling off saves like that through entire matches.

I'm not a fan of stats, but I suspect that he will have maintained his position in the PL 'shots to saves ratio' table.

I'd say he had another largely forgettable game today.
He did stop a few Villa attacks, he grabbed a few and ended up on the ground, and also came out and did a Dave Ewing on some clearances that stayed inside the ground whereas Dave would have had 'em down Claremont Road. I think he's never been a shot stopper in the mould of Joe Hart, but then does he need to be considering the number of shots he faces.

First of all, he has to always play because he is the best keeper in world football with his feet.
He suits our style. No point in saying get rid while Pep is in charge.

However, his shot stopping is average at best and some of his decisions he makes are questionable when charging out of goal. Oh, and he’s not great on crosses either.

Someone before crediting him with saving that Coutinho 30 yarder. Ha. Not one keeper in England doesn’t save that. It looks good but it wasn’t anything special or above his remit.

The Villa goal today was a prime example of how limited he is. So poor. Didn’t even get close.

Did very well to tip that Coutinho shot over the bar (why oh why does that guy always seem to play well against us?), but he really should be doing better on the goal conceded. Although Akanji didn't distinguish himself either.
Hart in his pomp was pulling off saves like that through entire matches.
Did you see how much time we gave Coutinho for that shot. We are terrible at closing down at times.

First of all, he has to always play because he is the best keeper in world football with his feet.
He suits our style. No point in saying get rid while Pep is in charge.

However, his shot stopping is average at best and some of his decisions he makes are questionable when charging out of goal. Oh, and he’s not great on crosses either.

Someone before crediting him with saving that Coutinho 30 yarder. Ha. Not one keeper in England doesn’t save that. It looks good but it wasn’t anything special or above his remit.

The Villa goal today was a prime example of how limited he is. So poor. Didn’t even get close.
I think that style has largely disappeared this season though so his benefits are being completely negated by the way we are playing. When was the last time we passed ourselves out of a press and scored? I can only remember recently passing out of a press and conceding because we messed it up. I don’t think he is adding much value this season because of this. In other years his shortcomings have been outweighed by his strengths but not so much this season.

Should have done better with the goal but good save with Coutinho shot. His saves to goal ratio must be terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.