4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was fine. If you're expecting him to go flying around like a headless chicken when we're 4-0 up and the rest of the side are strolling as a way of impressing, you clearly have a very limited understanding of the game. that's not how it works, doing that would have just left him constantly out of position as the entire team were in run the clock down mode.

He adjusted to the way the game was being played at that point. Kept it moving and did his job, he also was practically in midfield alone for the last 10 minutes when we went to a fuck it just play wherever formation that saw rico Lewis and perrone as our two 8's.

Hes just really unfortunate right now, being injured for the first half of the season meant he wasn't able to settle and now we're at the stage where every game is vital and we cannot afford him time needed to learn the position. I expect him to start against Bristol.

Actually didn't think he looked that bad. He did try to make a couple of interceptions but seem to lack the sharpness that comes from playing regularly. Also have to bear in mind he was playing alongside Lewis, Perrone and Gomez in midfield.

Hear me out… we all got told he was great at Leeds, but was he? Did anyone actually watch him and think ‘this is a City quality player’?

Right now he’s giving me the same feeling as Cucurella - that we’ve got a fairly average PL player who got overhyped by virtue of being one of the best players on his midtable team.

He was fine. If you're expecting him to go flying around like a headless chicken when we're 4-0 up and the rest of the side are strolling as a way of impressing, you clearly have a very limited understanding of the game. that's not how it works, doing that would have just left him constantly out of position as the entire team were in run the clock down mode.

He adjusted to the way the game was being played at that point. Kept it moving and did his job, he also was practically in midfield alone for the last 10 minutes when we went to a fuck it just play wherever formation that saw rico Lewis and perrone as our two 8's.

Hes just really unfortunate right now, being injured for the first half of the season meant he wasn't able to settle and now we're at the stage where every game is vital and we cannot afford him time needed to learn the position. I expect him to start against Bristol.
Great post.

I don't think it's a binary choice - stroll around or headless chicken mode. But I expect him to apply himself better than he did. His positional awareness was poor, he let players ghost past him, and committed too many fouls. Even for someone with superior knowledge of the game such as yourself, you must surely have seen that he failed to sense danger and protect the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.