4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually didn't think he looked that bad. He did try to make a couple of interceptions but seem to lack the sharpness that comes from playing regularly. Also have to bear in mind he was playing alongside Lewis, Perrone and Gomez in midfield.
Phillips is a decent player without a doubt, he has not turned to shit overnight. We are not seeing the KP that was a midfield terrier and has a fantastic passing range that he has displayed for both Leeds and England. I would hope he is given a second season before he is totally written off.

Last edited:
The drop of from rodri is immense. But he can't be expected to just slot in without any match time. Rodri looked clueless when he first joined playing every minute with dinho babysitting him in centre back. No he's the best in the world! Give the lad a chance!

The drop of from rodri is immense. But he can't be expected to just slot in without any match time. Rodri looked clueless when he first joined playing every minute with dinho babysitting him in centre back. No he's the best in the world! Give the lad a chance!
Unfortunately for him Grealish playing well and Cancello has gone. Haters got to hate to me he is one of ours.

Unfortunately for him Grealish playing well and Cancello has gone. Haters got to hate to me he is one of ours.
Quite sad, but some of our fans always need a scapegoat. Phillips needs a run of games to establish whether he is good enough or not. I don't see that happening at this vital stage of the season

i liked him. lacks sharpness/match fitness after beeing out for like 7 months (+/-) and not playing. still think he can be a great asset in a double pivot. very physical and has great passing range.

Phillips is a very good player. His problem is fitness and match/city sharpness. Its catch 22 as he'll only get that from playing, but he's not at the level to start premier league games yet. Hopefully he plays against Bristol and builds up his sharpness. I don't think we will see the real Kalvin till next season.

Needs time and a run of games......Id imagine we will see him start vs Bristol in the FA cup but these type of games arent great barometers as Id imagine the team will look very different to what you might say is a normal city line up....

however we do need to find out quickly if he can be the step up as Rodri is being flogged to death and there is no way he can keep that up - no one can

He made a huge mistake coming back from the world cup unfit.......

I hope Pep will trust him to start against the Championship side Bristol and let Rodri rest.
I would certainly expect that to happen - the only reason it doesnt happen is if Phillips picks up an injury in training or gets ill before Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.