4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His passing is not in question how many 50/50 tackles did he win? Because if you ain’t on top of that it’s where all the danger will come when we are a team of possession! I counted 3/4 times he had 50/50 ball to win to stop the counter and was easily beaten for the ball!
I agree but he looked a bit casual going into a few like he just assumed he’d win them easily. I think he’s got another gear which he needs to find after not playing regularly for so long.

He was garbage again. Totally lacking mobility and recovery speed.

Gets eased off the ball far too easily as well. Feel sorry for the lad he sticks out like a sore thumb in this team but realistically it was always going to happen these types of signing don't work.

Hopefully we can recoup the majority of the money back in the summer.
What type of signing, a £40 Million pound England International? Yeah they're really bad....

That was only his second start for us, the lad has not had any game time since last season due to injuries. Once he's up to speed, got some match fitness under his belt I've no doubt he can be player he was for England in the Euro's a couple years back.

You're going to very disappointed because there is no chance we're selling him this summer, especially given we will potentially be losing Gundo &/or Silva, we're going to need all the midfielders we can keep hold off and we just don't dump a player after one season if it hasn't worked perfectly (Mahrez, Grealish, Ake, Rodri, Cancelo, even Gundogan all didn't have that good of first seasons with us)

I remember some saying similar things about Ake after his first season, not good enough, wrong type of signing, lets get rid etc... Now he's arguably been in the top 3 performers all season.

Lets get behind Kalvin, trust that Pep & his staff will mould him into the player they want him to be and lets reserve judgement until he started at least 20 games for us.

The problem for Kalvin last night was that he had to be absolutely fantastic to have any chance of challenging Rodri for his place and he played OK but not brilliant. The more he plays the better he will get.

Same people that wanted Rodri, Stones, Ake etc gone (when in bad form) commenting how bad someone is when before last night had only played 21 minutes. No match fitness. No time to get used to how city play. Give the lad a chance. Strange entitled mindset this club have become.

I’m one for always giving players time in a pep team! I never say a player should go! I’m saying he was not good at what we want him to do stop an counter! His passing on the ball is great! He needs to improve his strength and understandable he has lost that because he hasn’t been playing! Rodri will always be number one for the role he plays means Philips will play second fiddle for next 6 years at least! Will Philips want it stick around for that long?

What type of signing, a £40 Million pound England International? Yeah they're really bad....

That was only his second start for us, the lad has not had any game time since last season due to injuries. Once he's up to speed, got some match fitness under his belt I've no doubt he can be player he was for England in the Euro's a couple years back.

You're going to very disappointed because there is no chance we're selling him this summer, especially given we will potentially be losing Gundo &/or Silva, we're going to need all the midfielders we can keep hold off and we just don't dump a player after one season if it hasn't worked perfectly (Mahrez, Grealish, Ake, Rodri, Cancelo, even Gundogan all didn't have that good of first seasons with us)

I remember some saying similar things about Ake after his first season, not good enough, wrong type of signing, lets get rid etc... Now he's arguably been in the top 3 performers all season.

Lets get behind Kalvin, trust that Pep & his staff will mould him into the player they want him to be and lets reserve judgement until he started at least 20 games for us.
Good post.

Same people that wanted Rodri, Stones, Ake etc gone (when in bad form) commenting how bad someone is when before last night hadn’t even completed 90 mins. No match fitness. No time to get used to how city play. Give the lad a chance. Strange entitled mindset this club have become.
That is as far from the mark as those saying he 'is shit'. Criticism is allowed if its fair. I was glad to see him get 90 minutes yesterday particularly as we got a very good result. Folk can say what they see though and hope he gets better. My concern is how you give him the minutes he needs in matches that will be far tougher than yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.