4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a lone cdm, never has been and never will be. For this reason he's not the Rodri deputy we should have. We need 1, a like for like with shared rodders strengths who knows the role ect. Or 2, someone completely different, think a Fernandinho type, athletic, constant aggro, master of the dark arts yet still good on the ball.

Phillips is slow, follows the ball around like a dog without the pace or energy to match that approach(why he needs a defensive partner). He is a good passer but dallies too long on the ball at times and is prone to giving it away cheaply.

I like the lad but we need someone else
Spot on, always played in a two for Leeds and england. Watched him today and his basic lack of positional intelligence was shocking

Let's be honest - Gareth Southgate deserves a hefty fucking kickback if we manage to shift him for decent money.

He has to earn that. Nothing from him thus far suggests he wants to.
He has barely played and I am prepared to give him time to prove himself, as I was with Rodri, Grealish and others. Sometimes, it doesn't work out, of course, but the extreme comments are unwarranted - yours is not one of those.

Its an unwritten rule players take 2 seasons to settle into Peps style, add his injury in and he hasn't had that. If the current performances we are seeing from him continue next season it's time for him to be let go, but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until then.

They also played games because they were good enough to slot in. This guy isn’t good enough.

I'm frankly questioning his ability to understand information and follow instructions.

Like Pep says some players have to be drilled into what he wants them to do so it becomes routine and then they carry out his orders. Akanji somehow grasped it right away and he was given high praise in his intelligence to comprehend what Pep wanted of him.

But if after this long of being with the team and watching Rodri day in and day out, he still doesn't know his position and doesn't know what to do..

We can't keep making excuses for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.