4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm frankly questioning his ability to understand information and follow instructions.

Like Pep says some players have to be drilled into what he wants them to do so it becomes routine and then they carry out his orders. Akanji somehow grasped it right away and he was given high praise in his intelligence to comprehend what Pep wanted of him.

But if after this long of being with the team and watching Rodri day in and day out, he still doesn't know his position and doesn't know what to do..

We can't keep making excuses for him!
No. He is surrounded by top class players too. He can’t be ripping up trees in training or he would have had more game time. I think once Pep called him out for being overweight, that was pretty much the end for him.

For someone who missed a huge chunk of the season through injury — like Aké, incidentally, who also got slagged off on this forum in his first season for basically being injured and not knowing the team on the rare occasions he came in — I'm not judging him till he's had some sort of a run, next season. Nobody's going to bin him off, and he's not going anywhere.

He was poorish today, true enough, but no-one among the subs was good.

It’s gotta be difficult to make an impact when you’re coming on with the game done and the team in rest mode. The issue is that he’s obviously levels below Rodri.

Put him next to him and I think he’d be brilliant but we don’t play with two 6s so won’t see it anytime soon.

Shame really he isn’t getting in a rhythm because He can’t get game time because of Rodri being so so good! One thing though Doyle could easily play that role and he has a fantastic set piece!

He looks like a pub player who won a raffle to play for City.

A very lucky lad.

I've tried looking for anything positive in his performances when he's on the field and seen nothing. No positional sense, can't tackle, keep.possesion or pass well. He looked better at Leeds and for England but fuck me for us he looks like you said, a pub player.

For someone who missed a huge chunk of the season through injury — like Aké, incidentally, who also got slagged off on this forum in his first season for basically being injured and not knowing the team on the rare occasions he came in — I'm not judging him till he's had some sort of a run, next season. Nobody's going to bin him off, and he's not going anywhere.

He was poorish today, true enough, but no-one among the subs was good.
But he keeps putting poor performances in . I’ve been his biggest advocate but Ieven I’ve realised that he is never going to be good enough for us even if he stays another year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.