4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for the performance thread next year where half this forum forgets the shite they were spouting in this one.
How is it shite? Hes getting pelters and rightly so. Hes been appalling so far. I hope he turns it around and his thread is full of praise but his performance today was a disgrace.
Hes technically sound but he has no desire and looks like hes shit Scared. Maybe with the reset of a good off season we might see different, but at this moment in time we are going to have to play Rodri in every game or use gundo cos phillips is not fit for purpose.

Can't wait for the performance thread next year where half this forum forgets the shite they were spouting in this one.

Think you're being a bit harsh here.. It's sorta like giving a kid in school a failing grade and hope he turns it around and still graduates but you gotta give him a bad grade for now!

Currently his performance level playing ball is like:

For now the evaluation is justified..

If it improves next season.. major credit to him!

It’s gotta be difficult to make an impact when you’re coming on with the game done and the team in rest mode. The issue is that he’s obviously levels below Rodri.

Put him next to him and I think he’d be brilliant but we don’t play with two 6s so won’t see it anytime soon.

I honestly think that was the plan. When we signed Haaland, it was clear we needed more control in midfield as we had one less body in there. I reckon Pep saw Phillips alongside Rodri, dropping into a back four when defending - Pep did this in a pre-season friendly. It hasn’t happened due to injuries and possibly an unprofessional attitude (his weight after the World Cup). I also think Pep has settled on the CBs playing at full back and moving into midfield to control possession. For these reasons I think his days are numbered.

It's a tough role to understand and he'll never get the time to learn it to Rodri's level. Needs a pre-season and we'll see where we stand next season.

Statuesque performance today.
Currently not helping himself - then again none of the peripheral players helped themselves today.
Phillips body language, when he plays, suggests a player who's decided he's not making it with us. It's a shame because some of his passes today were really good. But he'll never be Rodri

How is it shite? Hes getting pelters and rightly so. Hes been appalling so far. I hope he turns it around and his thread is full of praise but his performance today was a disgrace.
Hes technically sound but he has no desire and looks like hes shit Scared. Maybe with the reset of a good off season we might see different, but at this moment in time we are going to have to play Rodri in every game or use gundo cos phillips is not fit for purpose.
Exactly NO DESIRE !! 45 minutes to impress Pep and he just strolles about doing fuck all, at least get a few tackles in, waste of space, for England a couple of years ago he looked mint...so is it a huge money move and he's set for life like Micah and can't give a fuck ??

Really pleased the sad fucks have got something to moan about
As pleased as I am that you have something to act superior about! Here's the Best Fan Award™ 2023 to you

Currently not helping himself - then again none of the peripheral players helped themselves today.
Phillips body language, when he plays, suggests a player who's decided he's not making it with us. It's a shame because some of his passes today were really good. But he'll never be Rodri
Really? Thought his passing was easily the worst part of his game today. chose the easy, safe and cowardly option every time, and the two times he did try a forward one he missed it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.