4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
40m crazy as it sounds is not top dollar, in fact it's average money for a clearly average player.

Declan Rice is valued at 100m FFS, that says everything.

I've deliberately avoided any comparison with Declan Rice. Along with his mate Mason Mount, Rice is one of the most overrated players I've seen in the last 20 years.
I'd honestly rather keep Phillips than sign Rice.

I'm not sure he'll get that,we need a player we can rely on.....its only by pure luck that Rodri has not had an absence.This fella was bought as security for such an event,but he isn't fit to lace Rodri's boots and it would have completely derailed us.

There are no signs,nothing even to grasp to.....that Philips is capable of deputising when needed.

Needs to go,and allow us the opportunity to find the player that can.

You may well be right and I’m giving him huge benefit of the doubt here after seeing how players written off often find their place in the squad in the second season but Pep’s comments the other day where quite ominous and he won’t get many more chances that’s for sure.

It's not Kaz, it's Lavinda!

I honestly think that MacTominay would be chosen ahead of Phillips if both were at the rags.

MacTominay offers more to the team he's in, albeit a poor one. He's frequently a stand out player in midfield, even alongside the likes of Casemiero.
Phillips offers very very little. He's not a game changer, and looks out of his depth at top level. I still can't believe he gets picked for England.

No criticism of Phillips per se, he's a solid professional. Im just giving my opinion on his ability to play at City's level.
Oops- apologies.

That's an absolutely pathetic response. MacTominay is a solid player who earns his place at club and international level. He's not 'great' by any means, but he works hard and makes a difference to his team.

Just because he plays for the rags doesn't automatically make him a worse player than any other. That's a childish, petty argument that shows complete disrespect for the game of football... small-time fan mentality.
Do you believe that.
He is wank.
Apart from a lot of fouls he does nothing

Do you believe that.
He is wank.
Apart from a lot of fouls he does nothing

Take off the blue tinted specs and look at this from an unbiased perspective. To say that he's 'wank' and does nothing but foul is entirely wrong.

Neither MacTominay nor Phillips are elite players, but at least MacTominay has proved to be a good player at PL level. Phillips has yet to prove that.

While that may be down to unfortunate injuries etc, I think we've seen enough to suggest that he's barely treading water at City, and doesn't look capable of making the step up to top level.

He's a good player at the wrong club. MacTominay is a good player at the right club.

Both will move on to more suitable clubs at some point. I can't see Phillips getting another year at City.

Take off the blue tinted specs and look at this from an unbiased perspective. To say that he's 'wank' and does nothing but foul is entirely wrong.

Neither MacTominay nor Phillips are elite players, but at least MacTominay has proved to be a good player at PL level. Phillips has yet to prove that.

While that may be down to unfortunate injuries etc, I think we've seen enough to suggest that he's barely treading water at City, and doesn't look capable of making the step up to top level.

He's a good player at the wrong club. MacTominay is a good player at the right club.

Both will move on to more suitable clubs at some point. I can't see Phillips getting another year at City.
Yeah mcthinggy will end up at Sunderland

My red mate who is a ST holder and watches him ever week says he is shite. What I’ve seen him I would tend to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.