4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take off the blue tinted specs and look at this from an unbiased perspective. To say that he's 'wank' and does nothing but foul is entirely wrong.

Neither MacTominay nor Phillips are elite players, but at least MacTominay has proved to be a good player at PL level. Phillips has yet to prove that.

While that may be down to unfortunate injuries etc, I think we've seen enough to suggest that he's barely treading water at City, and doesn't look capable of making the step up to top level.

He's a good player at the wrong club. MacTominay is a good player at the right club.

Both will move on to more suitable clubs at some point. I can't see Phillips getting another year at City.
What have you seen mcfoulalot do that is classed as a good player.

Kaz - come on.
MacTominay is bang average. You must really not rate Phillips.

McTominay isn't anything special, but plays a lot of the time for a team currently in the top 4. That said, he's probably not in their first choice 11, but he's a hard-working squad player.

We're miles better than them yes, but Phillips can't get a sniff of a start for us. Which is better? Dunno. McTominay wouldn't survive in our system, but maybe Phillips won't either. Hard to know when somebody never plays.

What have you seen mcfoulalot do that is classed as a good player.

He's played quite regularly at the top level for different coaches. He's made nearly 150 PL appearances, albeit for a poor team much of the time.
You don't play that much PL football if you're not a good player.

Is he better than Phillips? On what I've seen of Phillips in the PL, I would say yes.
Does it make him good enough to play for City? Definitely not. Like Phillips, he's just not at City's level.

He's played quite regularly at the top level for different coaches. He's made nearly 150 PL appearances, albeit for a poor team much of the time.
You don't play that much PL football if you're not a good player.

Is he better than Phillips? On what I've seen of Phillips in the PL, I would say yes.
Does it make him good enough to play for City? Definitely not. Like Phillips, he's just not at City's level.
So every player in the Premier league is a good player.
Jo

I don't get people defending him anymore. Even less people comparing him to Ake's first season. We are playing against a Championship side, after a huge effort mid-week, where even Gomez (a guy that comes from the Belgium league) is trusted to play, and before playing him, Pep prefers to play a tired Gundo and Bernardo.

Even more, once we are 3-0 up Pep still waited 10 more minutes to put him in!!! That tells you everything you need to know. Please tell me even one player that made it here, where Pep had so little trust.

We need to sell him this summer while he still has some value. You cannot win them all...

Who's been mored silly me .
Or you trying to say mcfoulalot is a good player
A player that has played a lot of matches for an elite team (yes United is an elite team no matter how much we all hate them) is obviously a good player. Good enough for us? If we compare him to Phillips yes. If we compare him to what we need, then no.

We being the best team doesn't mean all our suqad is better than the rest of the top 6...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.