4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
he needs to speed up the pace of releasing the ball. he won't get time to look up here. also needs to hold his position and not move for a tackle every-time I am sure pep will work on those. other than that his pressing is great

Surprised he didn’t at least get a run out today, especially with the other midfielders all struggling.
I reckon, given how things were going in midfield, he didn’t want to throw him in the fire late on.

Good decision for me, as we don’t need a player still trying to learn the new system and build fitness having his confidence hit right from the off.

I reckon, given how things were going in midfield, he didn’t want to throw him in the fire late on.

Good decision for me, as we don’t need a player still trying to learn the new system and build fitness having his confidence hit right from the off.
Yeah, that’s probably fair. Personally, I’d have put him on at the same time as Foden and Alvarez though.

Biggest surprise of the day was Phillips not replacing Rodri on the hour mark , a great player but he was blowing after 60 minutes and the Dippers were running rings round him , we needed fresh legs and energy and we had £45m pound of that sat on the bench. Pep is the best coach i have witnessed but he does make some frustrating decisions , but his record cant be questioned ,so i can only presume there was an issue with Kalvin's fitness levels.

I think most people forget the fact that that this was only his 2nd game for the club and he is coming back from an injury. This is a totally different ball game from what he is used to in Germany where he had more time on the ball. He played the whole 90 minutes which was good in terms of getting him up to full fitness. I have total faith in him being an absolute player once he gets going.

I think most people forget the fact that that this was only his 2nd game for the club and he is coming back from an injury. This is a totally different ball game from what he is used to in Germany where he had more time on the ball. He played the whole 90 minutes which was good in terms of getting him up to full fitness. I have total faith in him being an absolute player once he gets going.
He's never played in Germany and only ever played for Leeds before City

That's his twin brother, Herr Phillips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.