4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me we will have some side us in a few seasons for all these players we should give time to,the list is getting longer by the week
Unfortunately, that’s our issue. When you’re a top 10 side you’ve got matches you’re not expected to win, where players can get minutes without any ramifications.

We’ve been fighting on all fronts and it doesn’t leave much room to give players minutes in which they can make mistakes and grow.

To give players time in this side, we need to get back to putting teams to bed in the first half hour, leaving a half of football to players like Kalvin and Cole et al.

Otherwise we need to bring in top established talent. Even then Pep’s system takes time to grasp. It’s the flip side of being one of the top teams in Europe - we should be looking on the bright side but it ain’t half a struggle after watching that garbage tonight :(

I predicted not just that kind of performance but this kind of reaction too (although I didn't for a moment think we would lose which amplifies it)

it was his debut ffs, he was never ever going to hit the ground running, Rodri took about 3 years to stop looking like a liability and become indispensable.

I thought it was much as expected, fine for his first game, needs more bite and tenacity to his game though which isn't something you can write off due to his first start, perhaps he's still getting over the psychological part of his shoulder injury.

Really no need to be saying much about him tonight, especially not writing him off after making his debut you fucking twats.
He was fit for the Chelsea match on 9 November. He’s had two months to work on his fitness, get sharp, show a bit of desire and determination to make his mark. Instead, he came back from the World Cup overweight and unable to train with the rest of the team. He went through the motions tonight and offered nothing at all.

Personally, I think it’s about time he pulled his finger out and stopped taking the piss.

Unfortunately, that’s our issue. When you’re a top 10 side you’ve got matches you’re not expected to win, where players can get minutes without any ramifications.

We’ve been fighting on all fronts and it doesn’t leave much room to give players minutes in which they can make mistakes and grow.

To give players time in this side, we need to get back to putting teams to bed in the first half hour, leaving a half of football to players like Kalvin and Cole et al.

Otherwise we need to bring in top established talent. Even then Pep’s system takes time to grasp. It’s the flip side of being one of the top teams in Europe - we should be looking on the bright side but it ain’t half a struggle after watching that garbage tonight :(

We’d be fucked without Haalands goals this season,these world class players we have should be able to come and slot in and not upset any rhythm we have set,but for sone reason it’s still not clicking,I still think we win league though by 8 points

We’d be fucked without Haalands goals this season,these world class players we have should be able to come and slot in and not upset any rhythm we have set,but for sone reason it’s still not clicking,I still think we win league though by 8 points
I’ve seen too many players come in and be garbage first season under Pep, and then go on to become integral, to expect anyone to come in and do it immediately going forward. But I like your optimism! I’m hoping we can claw back the league from Arsenal, but I expected them to wobble before now!

Benfica got Enzo Fernandez for €10 million

While City spent £45 million on Kalvin
Enzo came from a poor league with little experience, while Phillips is an experienced, PL proven player who’s a regular for his national team. And most importantly he’s English. You can’t really compare English with non-English players when it comes to price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.