4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our right back at centre half, our left back at right back, the only centre half regularly on the left wing. How is Phillips expected to get 'rhythm' with that behind him?

Enzo came from a poor league with little experience, while Phillips is an experienced, PL proven player who’s a regular for his national team. And most importantly he’s English. You can’t really compare English with non-English players when it comes to price

Do English players increase the team winning% stats ?

Or guarantee you more points ?

And How is the PL proven performing now ?

No team in the world ( after the world cup ) will pick Philips ahead of Enzo .

He was fit for the Chelsea match on 9 November. He’s had two months to work on his fitness, get sharp, show a bit of desire and determination to make his mark. Instead, he came back from the World Cup overweight and unable to train with the rest of the team. He went through the motions tonight and offered nothing at all.

Personally, I think it’s about time he pulled his finger out and stopped taking the piss.
Was he though? Doubt he would have been anywhere near returning then if the world cup wasn't a week after, he's barely played for a year and has never started for us, expecting anything more than the basic minimum tonight was very optimistic. I don't think being injured when we chose to sign him and only just recovering is taking the piss personally.

Was he though? Doubt he would have been anywhere near returning then if the world cup wasn't a week after, he's barely played for a year and has never started for us, expecting anything more than the basic minimum tonight was very optimistic. I don't think being injured when we chose to sign him and only just recovering is taking the piss personally.
The World Cup may well have led to him being rushed back to the fringes of the team sooner than would normally have been the case. But I really don’t think Guardiola would have called him out for being overweight if he wasn’t genuinely disappointed with the condition he returned in, and if he wasn’t frustrated with his lack of progress fitness-wise.

Again, he’s had two months to get fit, and he was miles off the pace tonight. I can understand him being rusty, but he showed no urgency or aggression tonight and the issue with his weight suggests to me that his attitude hasn’t been right.

i think some are forgetting this was his first start in about 8 months. I dont think hes started a game since leaving leeds in may of last year.

Our right back at centre half, our left back at right back, the only centre half regularly on the left wing. How is Phillips expected to get 'rhythm' with that behind him?
Never mind rhythm. He was totally lost and looked weak
Terrible signing for all concerned. He has been injured for a while at Leeds, flogged for years by Bielsa and was never going to displace one of our most important players.

The guy has recently come back from FOUR WEEKS TRAINING under Waistcoat and has been injured.

It was his FIRST start tonight in his FIRST season under Pep. I can't think of many signings Pep has made who have hit the ground running apart from maybe Akanji and Diaz

The World Cup may well have led to him being rushed back to the fringes of the team sooner than would normally have been the case. But I really don’t think Guardiola would have called him out for being overweight if he wasn’t genuinely disappointed with the condition he returned in, and if he wasn’t frustrated with his lack of progress fitness-wise.

Again, he’s had two months to get fit, and he was miles off the pace tonight. I can understand him being rusty, but he showed no urgency or aggression tonight and the issue with his weight suggests to me that his attitude hasn’t been right.
I agree Pep wouldn't call him out in public if it didn't seriously piss him off but likewise, Pep wouldn't stick him in tonight if that issue wasn't resolved so there's no reason to assume that's still an issue. He looked like somebody making his first start for his new team and his first start for anybody in at least 8 months.

The guy has recently come back from FOUR WEEKS TRAINING under Waistcoat and has been injured.

It was his FIRST start tonight in his FIRST season under Pep. I can't think of many signings Pep has made who have hit the ground running apart from maybe Akanji and Diaz
Amen! its like his first start in 8 months. i think some especially on twitter are forgetting that it takes to settle espcially when it suits their agenda. it like they mention lavia who was great for southampton but instead of thinking maybe that his level they use it to trash phillips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.