4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of his first start in 7 months playing with a cobbled together mess? Settle down fella, you haven't been proven anything yet. The only thing you've proven is a limited understanding of the game. Phillips may or may not succeed in the long run but last night only proves he's currently quite a ways away from his best.
Of course I bow down to your obvious superior footballing knowledge, and the fact you appear to be a Phillips fan boy. I reserve the right to have opinion developed from living in a City/Leeds fan mixed household and having seen him for Leeds, England and us (albeit not a great deal) I have personally devised he hasn't the skill set we require from a defensive minded midfielder and he will never challenge Rodri. Good day pal.

I’d like to see him in a decent set-up, he needs time to bed in, - to give him his first proper start in that tactical clusterfuck was throwing him under the bus, he was poor, but so was everyone.

Of course I bow down to your obvious superior footballing knowledge, and the fact you appear to be a Phillips fan boy. I reserve the right to have opinion developed from living in a City/Leeds fan mixed household and having seen him for Leeds, England and us (albeit not a great deal) I have personally devised he hasn't the skill set we require from a defensive minded midfielder and he will never challenge Rodri. Good day pal.
For one if you've ever taken the time to read any of my posts you'd know I'm not a "fanboy" of anyone or anything. That's not even a concept I entertain. That's some new fangled idea among millennials and kids playing video games. Secondly, you can have whatever opinion you want just like I can have my opinion or disagree with yours. If you think your "opinion" of Phillips not being good enough for City is an objective one based on one game in a City shirt then God bless you. You then are the one with the extraordinary knowledge and ability to come to concrete conclusions almost instantly so then maybe I should bow down to you. But I won't. Good day to you too chief.

You have a shit memory, people (lots of them) were literally saying he was too slow to ever be capable of playing 6 in England (despite the existence of Gareth Barry) and decided we had to play 4231 because he couldn’t do the job on his own.

It’s a shame that @Moderating Team gets rid of old player threads, I often think they’d be useful references to look back on when people have a meltdown about a new player.
We don’t get rid of them. They were only introduced in 2016 so one for Barry doesn’t exist.

We don’t get rid of them. They were only introduced in 2016 so one for Barry doesn’t exist.
I think he's referring to old player threads as a whole. There are some old Gundogan and Rodri threads that would look rather bad with present-day knowledge.

I think he's referring to old player threads as a whole. There are some old Gundogan and Rodri threads that would look rather bad with present-day knowledge.
Ah, sorry. They’re still in here too as far as I’m aware, although I suspect there are plenty of posts in every player thread, past and present, that look rather bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.