4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think he’s technically limited, in fact think his passing range is probably better than Rodri’s. Judging of one full game when the other ten were pretty shit is a tad unfair.
Have some shame, his passing range is not even close to Rodris'.

Rodri has been playing at an elite level for 6 seasons, La Liga, Champions league, Spain NT, back to back EPL, hes played againts every type of defense you can think of, unlocked all passing ranges and there is INTENT behind his passing, none of this passing 5-10 yards for the sake of it.

Tired of fans not giving him his due respect, we was our best player last season and our most consistent this, fans want to compare him to sideshow bob who's played most of his career in the championship.

Think we won't really rely on him in important games over the next 2 months, but I'd be happy if he could do a job in the final 2-3 months of the season.

Have some shame, his passing range is not even close to Rodris'.

Rodri has been playing at an elite level for 6 seasons, La Liga, Champions league, Spain NT, back to back EPL, hes played againts every type of defense you can think of, unlocked all passing ranges and there is INTENT behind his passing, none of this passing 5-10 yards for the sake of it.

Tired of fans not giving him his due respect, we was our best player last season and our most consistent this, fans want to compare him to sideshow bob who's played most of his career in the championship.
I think Rodri is the best pivot in the league, so if anyone isn't giving due respect it's you not appreciating Phillips passing ability and the reasons why we the club think he's a suitable back up to Rodri.So maybe you should show a bit more respect to probably the best manager and DOF in the game when they bring a player in, instead of ridiculous quips like side show Bob.

I think Rodri is the best pivot in the league, so if anyone isn't giving due respect it's you not appreciating Phillips passing ability and the reasons why we the club think he's a suitable back up to Rodri.So maybe you should show a bit more respect to probably the best manager and DOF in the game when they bring a player in, instead of ridiculous quips like side show Bob.
All respect due to Phillips, but he's a long way off from being mentioned in the same conversation as Rodri.

Nolito, Angelino, Gomez, Torres, Steffen we dont always get it right in the transfer market.

All respect due to Phillips, but he's a long way off from being mentioned in the same conversation as Rodri.

Nolito, Angelino, Gomez, Torres, Steffen we dont always get it right in the transfer market.
According to Transfermarkt we made a 21 M euro profit on Torres and we won a title with him so he wasn't exactly getting it wrong even if he was a bit injury prone and variable in his performances here. Apart from Nolito I'd say the others were young and a bit speculative when you're going to get some hits and misses. Since Guardiola arrived we've had far more hits than misses in players over about £15M

So far Phillips has had one start playing in front of a bit of a makeshift defense. I would certainly agree he played poorly but its more than a little premature to be calling the transfer a failure based on this. I've no idea how he will turn out but folk calling him a failure on the basis of one performance are absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.