4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some are writing him off a little too soon. Hes had an injury which wasnt dealt with properly including while he was at leeds. He then had the surgery which required him to be out for numerous weeks. He hasnt been afforded the settling in period because of the injury which has landed him with not to many mins in the league.

Ake had simular issues for being injured in his first season. Also the weight issue aguero did exactly the same thing. Kalvin went away with england and due to lack of playing ect put on a bit of weight. We dont know how much it could be minute in the scheme of thing but with peps attention to detail regarding this matter resulted in the issue being highlighted. It also was resolved in a week.

Having a role in defensive midfield in a pep team takes time to learn look at when rodri signed how many of our fans wrote him off because he wasnt up to it or h wasnt fernadinho in that first 18 months. I think phillips wont be leaving especially after 12 months half of which he will have been injured.

I think some are writing him off a little too soon. Hes had an injury which wasnt dealt with properly including while he was at leeds. He then had the surgery which required him to be out for numerous weeks. He hasnt been afforded the settling in period because of the injury which has landed him with not to many mins in the league.

Ake had simular issues for being injured in his first season. Also the weight issue aguero did exactly the same thing. Kalvin went away with england and due to lack of playing ect put on a bit of weight. We dont know how much it could be minute in the scheme of thing but with peps attention to detail regarding this matter resulted in the issue being highlighted. It also was resolved in a week.

Having a role in defensive midfield in a pep team takes time to learn look at when rodri signed how many of our fans wrote him off because he wasnt up to it or h wasnt fernadinho in that first 18 months. I think phillips wont be leaving especially after 12 months half of which he will have been injured.

Oh FFS don't start talking sense - this is BM and the fucking experts on here know better than the professionals !

I thought this kid would do ok here,a perfect back up to Rodri,but for whatever reason the move just doesn't seem to be working out.
Yes he's been injured,but even in the glimpses we have seen of him he appears to be well out of his depth and not remotely in tune with the rest of team.

I think it best all round if he returns to his more natural surroundings and we find the reliable quality that we need.

Bernie
Gundo
Philips

Out

Bellingham
Maddison
Lavia

In
Very disappointing, I thought he would be a decent signing and a good back up for Rodri. He has been unlucky with injuries, but to come back from the World Cup overweight is really poor and this will not have gone down well with Pep. Bit premature to write him off yet, but he needs to prove in training he is worth a place in the starting 11 when Rodri is injured/rested.

Last edited:
Interesting that the murmurs of him being available for a move are propping up. I can't see the club giving up 'hope' on him as quickly as 6 months after signing him.

We (supposedly) do extensive research into players before we buy them so can't imagine we will make such a rash decision. Unless he's absolutely shite in training and not showing any signs of improvement.

Add to that, he's hardly fucking played. A bit harsh to judge a player on a few minutes here and there. He's started 1 game and that was the Southampton horror show where nobody did well.

Hope he gets more time to shine personally, think he is a brilliant player and will turn out to be a great buy eventually.

I quite simply don’t believe anyone who claims the club are thinking of moving him on after 18 minutes of league football.

He did have a run out vs Southampton and was totally outplayed by Lavia who knows our system inside out!

And I think that told Pep all he needed to know..

2 players in our system.. Lavia vs Kalvin!

Ok, anyone arguing with me earlier on - I didn't realise the official price we'd paid was that high - I humbly retract anything I said making a profit. It's still a realistic price for the lad tho.

I also remembered that we often get this sort of chatter from well sourced individuals around this time of year. Laporte, Bernie, Ake, Cancelo for a while. I think City must assess the squad at the end of the window. It doesn't mean anything is set in stone, far from it. There are loads of games coming up, the whole squad will be needed. Five games between the 12th and 25th of this month, for example. No point letting people get complacent when there really is an argument they could easily be deemed expendable as collateral in transfer dealings this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did have a run out vs Southampton and was totally outplayed by Lavia who knows our system inside out!

And I think that told Pep all he needed to know..

2 players in our system.. Lavia vs Kalvin!
Come on. Every player who played in that game was shite. What do you expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.