4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think he was up to standard when we signed him but I'm happy to wait and see if he proves me wrong. Feel like some are becoming increasingly patient, whether that's with Phillips or anyone else. Maybe I'm just noticing it more.

It’s all about opinions mate and no one on here knows what Guardiola is thinking.

But, logically, you would have to think that the continued lack of game time for Phillips is more than just bad luck. Maybe he’ll play more in the next month or so, but if Guardiola continues to avoid playing him there will probably be a reason for that.

And if that is the case, and it is because the player has not given everything towards proving that he deserves to be at the club, then he is an idiot and deserves to be moved on.

Opinions are fine, opinions presented as Fact without proof, are meaningless and unhelpful

It’s all about opinions mate and no one on here knows what Guardiola is thinking.

But, logically, you would have to think that the continued lack of game time for Phillips is more than just bad luck. Maybe he’ll play more in the next month or so, but if Guardiola continues to avoid playing him there will probably be a reason for that.
Prepare yourself for a shock mate; Pep gets things wrong. He's great, but he's not infallible. There will be blunders and the occasional oversight. He got it wrong in Porto, has got some things wrong this season, bought some absolute duds in his first season here. Phillips, it's looking increasingly likely, is one those mistakes.

And no, I'm not a football coach. I judge players with my eyes. Lets frame it like this:

Would he get into Madrid's midfield? No.
Would he get into Barca's? No.
Bayern's? No.
PSG's? No.
Arsenal's? No.
United's? No.
Napoli's? Inter's? No.
I would argue he wouldn't even get in Newcastle's current midfield. You can include Spurs and Brighton too.

If he's not good enough for any of the aforementioned midfields, he shouldn't be good enough for ours. Leeds was his level, and I'd stake good money on him being binned in the summer.

Let's be honest he was bought as back up for Rodri to give him a rest. Injury and now God knows what else has prevented this. He has until the end of the season I reckon before getting binned if he doesn't buck up.

Prepare yourself for a shock mate; Pep gets things wrong. He's great, but he's not infallible. There will be blunders and the occasional oversight. He got it wrong in Porto, has got some things wrong this season, bought some absolute duds in his first season here. Phillips, it's looking increasingly likely, is one those mistakes.

And no, I'm not a football coach. I judge players with my eyes. Lets frame it like this:

Bayern's? No.
PSG's? No.
Arsenal's? No.
United's? No.
Napoli's? Inter's? No.
I would argue he wouldn't even get in Newcastle's current midfield. You can include Spurs and Brighton too.

If he's not good enough for any of the aforementioned midfields, he shouldn't be good enough for ours. Leeds was his level, and I'd stake good money on him being binned in the summer.
Frame it how you like Pep thinks hes got the ability, whether it works out or not we’ll see, but even if it doesn’t it won’t be ability it will be application or mental strength.
I do know posters regularly jump to early conclusions on signings and often in fact mostly get proven wrong in some cases very wrong. Yet they never seem to learn to wait and see.

City (and Pep) saw something in this lad a few months ago. Yes, he’s had a horrible start but I can’t see them booting him out on on the basis of half an hour’s meaningful football.

BM may write him off. The club are hopefully more professional.

I thought this kid would do ok here,a perfect back up to Rodri,but for whatever reason the move just doesn't seem to be working out.
Yes he's been injured,but even in the glimpses we have seen of him he appears to be well out of his depth and not remotely in tune with the rest of team.

I think it best all round if he returns to his more natural surroundings and we find the reliable quality that we need.

Bernie
Gundo
Philips

Out

Bellingham
Maddison
Lavia

In
I also thought Phillips would do well for us and would mop up some of the counter-attacks but what has shocked me so far in his brief appearances is his poor technique. It was eye-opening watching Lavia the other night, just back from injury. He looks miles better than Phillips. Lavia is one that got away from us.

Bayern's? No.
PSG's? No.
Arsenal's? No.
United's? No.
Napoli's? Inter's? No.

As unconvincing as your first attempt to rubbish his abilities.

Luckily City do not rely upon the opinions such as yours when recruiting players .

I will look forward to reading more of your detailed opinions with interest, and bear in mind that such an open minded individual as yourself is wasted on a forum , instead of working in professional football management.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.