4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly some on here don't give players a chance to settle and learn the position. Yes he's had it issues this season and those need to improve. He has the attributes to fit into our team he's brought in to lessen the work load on rodri.

its also a position in the team which takes the most time to learn and settle into. How many of you on here wrote rodri off. Wrote ake off because of his injury issues in his first season. We need to learn and accept that players take time to learn peps demands.

the guy is basically back in august because of the world cup and the injury. Id personally give him until summer 2024 which gives him 18 months to learn the role which is a similar amount afforded to rodri.

Phillips is hardly bargain basement.

Having said that, agree that Phillips and Gomez purchases have not worked out for us. Combined they cost over 50m and replaced Fernandinho and Zincenko, both would have had significantly more match time for City this year than their replacements.
Price aside, he was.

Honestly some on here don't give players a chance to settle and learn the position. Yes he's had it issues this season and those need to improve. He has the attributes to fit into our team he's brought in to lessen the work load on rodri.

its also a position in the team which takes the most time to learn and settle into. How many of you on here wrote rodri off. Wrote ake off because of his injury issues in his first season. We need to learn and accept that players take time to learn peps demands.

the guy is basically back in august because of the world cup and the injury. Id personally give him until summer 2024 which gives him 18 months to learn the role which is a similar amount afforded to rodri.

Lol....he'll be nearing 29yrs old then.

Youre also comparing apples and oranges,with Rodri - Philips was bought as an oven ready experienced Premier league CDM.

Pep never publicly questioned either Rodri or Ake's professionalism though mate...I think that is why most City fans are ready to just accept this isn't the right fit. Especially if we can basically get our money back, and spend it toward Jude this Summer.

Lol....he'll be nearing 29yrs old then.

Youre also comparing apples and oranges,with Rodri - Philips was bought as an oven ready experienced Premier league CDM.
Just because they'd played in the premier League doesn't mean shit really when your going into a pep team. How many times we bought players from league ie Mahrez grealish all took a year. I think some are ruling him out a bit too soon he's hardly had a chance because of the injury.

Pep never publicly questioned either Rodri or Ake's professionalism though mate...I think that is why most City fans are ready to just accept this isn't the right fit. Especially if we can basically get our money back, and spend it toward Jude this Summer.
Jude isn't a CDM though and the money is already there for signings. I just think personally it's a bit premature. He's questioned Mahrez and agueros professionalism dis that mean we ditched them no. I'd just rather give the lad a chance like I give all our players. If it doesn't work out then so be it but I to actually make a judgement on whether he's good enough he needs to play with our first team players not in a game at Southampton where everyone is shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.