4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough lad. It's all about opinions. Let's get back on track...

Do you think that Phillips is a good player, and if so, do you honestly think he's enough for City?
I think he's been unlucky with injuries.
But from what I've seen so far no.
Maybe be better next season .
Most players need 12 months under pep

I think he's been unlucky with injuries.
But from what I've seen so far no.
Maybe be better next season .
Most players need 12 months under pep

That old chestnut. He's clearly blotted his copybook with Pep . He'll be lucky to get another 12 weeks at City after this season finishes imo.

The lad needs to play regularly. To get that, he'll need to move. Would be best for all parties.

That's an absolutely pathetic response. MacTominay is a solid player who earns his place at club and international level. He's not 'great' by any means, but he works hard and makes a difference to his team.

Just because he plays for the rags doesn't automatically make him a worse player than any other. That's a childish, petty argument that shows complete disrespect for the game of football... small-time fan mentality.
I never mentioned the rags. Couldn't care less who McFred plays for. He's shite. The fact you even mention him playing for Scotland as some sort of achievement says it all.

You seem to rate a player based on "working hard" so that shows your football knowledge.

I never mentioned the rags. Couldn't care less who McFred plays for. He's shite. The fact you even mention him playing for Scotland as some sort of achievement says it all.

You seem to rate a player based on "working hard" so that shows your football knowledge.

Working hard is a very basic element of Pep's system/success. Making a difference is what makes a player better than another.

Phillips hasn't shown any indication of 'making a difference' in any City appearance. The top level game passes him by. He's a good player trying to make a difference in an exceptional team. It's not going to happen at City imo.

Working hard is a very basic element of Pep's system/success. Making a difference is what makes a player better than another.

Phillips hasn't shown any indication of 'making a difference' in any City appearance. The top level game passes him by. He's a good player trying to make a difference in an exceptional team. It's not going to happen at City imo.
We will see. For the record. I couldn't care less if Kalvin stays or not. I just refuse to buy into this idea that he's here because the club didn't do their homework and hes here because he won a competition.

He's definitely better than most midfielders in the league which is why we bought him. He will never reach the standards of Rodri and Pep can be very stubborn sometimes and will always fall back to his tried and trusted so I don't put any stock into Phillips not playing a lot.

I don't know if it's sad or funny that a fairly experienced England international in his mid/late 20s cannot be trusted on the pitch by Pep against a Championship side unless we are leading comfortably.

Fernandinho at 38 would have offered better cover for Rodri than Phillips.

Just looking at some stats on the FPL website and it says he's played 102 minutes of PL football for us this season, that's shocking. Seems like a really nice lad but we can't carry passengers in a squad, that's not the biggest..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.