4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2024/25

Always thought with Kalvin that his only chance of a future at City would be to be profiled in another position.

It’s very difficult to play Rodri’s role and the positioning and ability on the ball needed didn’t come naturally to Kalvin.

He probably does still go but I don’t mind keeping him at all and utilising him from defence. Maybe he could even do an inversion into midfield (maybe that’s a step too far) - can take Gomez’ spot in the team anyway.

Might be a good option for passing over high lines with balls up to Haaland and the wingers.

Always thought with Kalvin that his only chance of a future at City would be to be profiled in another position.

It’s very difficult to play Rodri’s role and the positioning and ability on the ball needed didn’t come naturally to Kalvin.

He probably does still go but I don’t mind keeping him at all and utilising him from defence. Maybe he could even do an inversion into midfield (maybe that’s a step too far) - can take Gomez’ spot in the team anyway.

Might be a good option for passing over high lines with balls up to Haaland and the wingers.
What team is going to play a high line against us that you'd be comfortable with having Phillips defending as a CB against their strikers? It's only really the decent teams that play a high line and their forwards would isolate and tear him apart

We've got 5 centre backs, he is never playing ahead of any of them, we also have rodri and walker who pep would drop in there before he considered Phillips. I think he played very well last night but he's got more chance of playing in his actual position than as a cb.

I think pep should play him cb next Saturday if he manages to subdue the world class attacking talents of the bestest team ever sky sports will go into a frenzy compare him to Maldini etc and we'll have teams begging to give us £20million

Would have done his confidence well in the two games at CB (despite the level of the opposition) and get him a move in the next couple of weeks.

His long passing is a thing of beauty and when he’s on form. Still gives the ball in a silly positions though which is why I don’t think he’ll start next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.