#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched this too. Incredible isn't it? I honestly think he's gonna be even better than we realised. Insanely good. That video is that good that if there was ever any longings for Sane still, well... they've now all gone.
My only worry regarding Phil becoming the best in the world is how many cunts hit him late due to his speed of thought and movement.
He doesn't half get whacked by lunging, desperate tackles.
I'd like to think he'll get some protection from refs going forward but won't hold my breath.
Avoids injuries and nobody will touch him for the next decade.

My only worry regarding Phil becoming the best in the world is how many cunts hit him late due to his speed of thought and movement.
I'd like to think he'll get some protection from refs going forward but won't hold my breath.

He's pretty tough thankfully and he just bounces off people. Cut from the same cloth as Messi in that way and thankfully he pretty much avoided major injuries. Fingers crossed!

Just watched this too. Incredible isn't it? I honestly think he's gonna be even better than we realised. Insanely good. That video is that good that if there was ever any longings for Sane still, well... they've now all gone.

He just needs to regain his composure a bit. Until recently his ability to make the right decision, hit the pass right under pressure and bury a chance when it came to him was almost spooky.

Recently a little more error has crept into his game, messing up a few counter attacks, not killing a game off when he gets a chance and overheating or underhitting a pass.

I wonder if he's a bit mentally tired because he's never played this much football before, or if he is just showing how young he is still.

Last edited:

Messi, Hazard, Neymar, Silva all have to deal with the same treatment. Even Grealish and players of that ilk.

If you cant take it you're not destined for the top.

Messi, Hazard, Neymar, Silva all have to deal with the same treatment. Even Grealish and players of that ilk.

If you cant take it you're not destined for the top.
I'm not arguing that fact, I'm sure he can take it. Doesn't stop my heart stopping every time he's hit though.

He just needs to regain his composure a bit. Until recently his ability to make the right decision, hit the pass right under pressure and bury a chance when it came to him was almost spooky.

Recently a little more error has crept into his game, messing up a few counter attacks, not killing a game off when he gets a chance and overheating or underhitting a pass.

I wonder if he's a bit mentally tired because he's never played this much football before, or if he is just showing how young he is still.

I think it’s because how the team is playing now...

Phil loves to drive at a defence...and currently, it’s a more patient approach. He would usually makes those lovely killer passes in his stride as he already had a picture in mind plus the anticipated movement. However, it’s not the same.

Nonetheless, he’s probably mentally tired as you’ve put it. Football is also thinking sport. Once he’s fully adapted to the controlled type of play, it’ll add more skills to already scary skillset.

That one-two on 7.26 against the mickeys is blindingly good. Bamboozles 2 of the best around at the time.

I genuinely wonder just how high his ceiling is. Pep will have a view given his relationship with the young Messi. At 20, Messi was a regular for Barca he had 40 appearances and 16 goals. The next season and beyond his stats just exploded. Phil is currently on 44 and 14 and should continue to develop and improve over the next couple of years. It will be interesting to see just how good he can become.
Look how quickly he has gone from breakthrough to being one of the top three attacking players in the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.