47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember in 2019 saying that I thought his ability to ride a tackle and carry the ball was Gascoigne-esque. I think he's England's best and most natural talent since Gascoigne. I've had a look for Gazza's goal against City at Maine Road in 90/91 but can't find it. Nevertheless, it was Foden-esque.

Glad someone else has seen the similarity. Gazza was one of the players who got me into football and we're lucky to have a lad like Foden at the club.

He's obviously in great form right now.

What I'm wondering is whether Pep continues playing 2 of (Grealish, Foden and Mahrez) as our wingers or attempts to play around with trying to play all 3 and one of them goes in midfield.

Our entire chance creation seems to come from our wingers + Kdb. If one of those wingers can sustain such creation in the middle, that would be quite amazing, as Gundogan and Bernie aren't quite up to it.

It's perhaps a consequence of our system that it's "designed" that way for it to be the wingers, but KdB finds a way somehow in the middle to be our best creator so I'm not entirely sure about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.