47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to play inside midfield role, because he is NOT a left winger. Too bad we already have world class competition for those positions.

Needs to play inside midfield role, because he is NOT a left winger. Too bad we already have world class competition for those positions.
I think his long term position is as a box to box midfielder, his talent is wasted on either wing.
He has the energy to play there, a great range of passes and imo he's at his most effective when running at the defence from deep.

I think his long term position is as a box to box midfielder, his talent is wasted on either wing.
He has the energy to play there, a great range of passes and imo he's at his most effective when running at the defence from deep.
Great on the half turn, a goal threat...

I love Pep but he's been saying for years that Phil will eventually play centrally and it still hasn't happened. Hopefully under the next manager.

When Grealish and Mahrez receive the ball on the flanks, they know how to protect the ball, and they have composure to stop the game and never lose the ball even with a guy pressing behind.

This is even more difficult in the middle because opponents can come from any side. You must have perfect ball control and turning, periferical vision. Like Gündo and Bernardo.

Phil sometimes have problems to retain the ball even playing on the flanks. He suffers when an opponent reduces the space, even with his great skills.

The issue here I think he's too slight and doesn't have Bernardo's balance.

Start him or give him 15 minutes the bloke never disappoints.
For me I’d give him more time on the pitch in this huge run in.
He will deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.