47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see him back and on the scoresheet. Ignore the deflection—he struck that sweetly and I reckon Fabianski isn’t stopping it.

Hasn’t he said it’s because he hasn’t learned the element of control and not being 100mph at all times? Bernie started on the wing when he first came but showed enough out there for Pep to trust him centrally.

Assuming in training etc. so have hope Foden will follow the same path.
KDB has always lacked that at times though

Last edited:
Wasn't bad per se and did well to win the penalty but I'll always believe he's wasted out on the wing.

Thought his best moments were when he drifted inside. Not sure what Alvarez does so much better than Phil outside of defensive actions(which I recognize are important) that Phil can't get some run there.

Wasn't bad per se and did well to win the penalty I'll always believe he's wasted out on the wing.

Thought his best moments were when he drifted inside.
Agree. His instinct is always to move towards goal and not to stay on the touchline and create width. Even in the first half, you could see he was increasingly coming in from the line and thereby not stretching their defence.

It's been mentioned before but I don't understand why Phil apparently doesn't have what it take to play attacking mid, but Alvarez does? Think he's genuinely a class above Alvarez in that position. Better first touch and pass.

Foden gave it a good go today. Would have had an assist if Haaland could finish and did well to won the pen.

But he isn't a left winger.

Last edited:
Wasnt his best today, but I feel he'll start every prem game now, but not the champions League games.

He’s unstoppable when he drives at the full back, there’s no getting the ball off him and if they do it’ll be a foul.

Remember that Newcastle game? He had Dan Burn crying from minute 1 because he was having his pants pulled down in front of 56,000 people.

Should do it more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.