47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait until he’s playing the 8 position in this team. He has everything to play it - passing, control, aggression, shooting, awareness - but I suspect he needs to learn to calm it all down at the right moments before Pep allows it.

I can’t wait until he’s playing the 8 position in this team. He has everything to play it - passing, control, aggression, shooting, awareness - but I suspect he needs to learn to calm it all down at the right moments before Pep allows it.
I totally agree.
I just said the same thing in today's post match thread.

How is he going to learn if Pep never even gives him the opportunity?

I've said before that I've given up on Phil playing as an 8 under Pep as he's said it will happen for years and it hasn't. Hopefully, under the next manager, it does.

How is he going to learn if Pep never even gives him the opportunity?

I've said before that I've given up on Phil playing as an 8 under Pep as he's said it will happen for years and it hasn't. Hopefully, under the next manager, it does.

Hasn’t he said it’s because he hasn’t learned the element of control and not being 100mph at all times? Bernie started on the wing when he first came but showed enough out there for Pep to trust him centrally.

Assuming in training etc. so have hope Foden will follow the same path.

He’s only going to learn that role if pep actually plays him there consistently.

Hasn’t he said it’s because he hasn’t learned the element of control and not being 100mph at all times? Bernie started on the wing when he first came but showed enough out there for Pep to trust him centrally.

Assuming in training etc. so have hope Foden will follow the same path.
Yes. Pep loves to trot out the 'la pausa' bullshit whenever it's in regard to Phil playing centrally.

He's been training with the first team for what, six years now? If he hasn't developed these skills then clearly Pep doesn't think he ever will. At least while he's still the manager of City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.