47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummed he’s seems to not getting important minutes this season, especially when he’s one of the most important pieces moving forward. It’s not even his fault to be honest. Phil was arguably our most in form attacking player (outside Haaland) leading up to the surgery. Even since he’s been back he’s been productive.

Hoping he see’s quality minutes in the 2nd leg. Thought he would have provided significantly more in attacking tonight, especially against Camavinga.

I understand he’s still young and learning, but his leash is significantly shorter than someone like Silva tonight. Had Foden put in the shift Silva had, I don’t think Pep hesitates to make a move.

Think it was a mistake not giving him 15/20 minutes. Bernardo was strangely off and Gundo looked knackered..Think his energy would have caused problems and helped us defensively.

Thought he played well on the whole and continued to drive us forward until we got the first goal.

Though as others mentioned, I'm unsure what Alvarez gives us in Pep's eyes that Foden doesn't or can't.

Foden can play across the entire width of the pitch at a world class level. He’s soooo soo good. Some of those dribbles today.. really wouldn’t hate seeing him start vs Madrid.

Thought he was quite good today without getting out of third gear, really.

Was worried that Everton **** had actually hurt him but thankfully it looks to have just been a knock he shook off.

Seems to really like playing ahead of Akanji, which bodes well for both in the run-in.

He is developing in every way,as well as the incredible talent and skill,he is no longer the physically challenged and rather naive player of last season.He is learning how to handle himself and learning the dark arts of winning fould and slowing down play when required.

Top performance today,and his return to form could not be better timed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.