47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly think Phil’s time on the wings is done but Pep sees him in training so I know nowt.

I understand why he doesn’t play in the middle more as Phil wants to take the ball even when surrounded or on the half turn but I feel like Kev, in the future, Phil can be the ‘high risk’ player.

That pass to Julian was sublime.

He is probably TOO dynamic, like Kev, for the wings in our system.

We want control out wide, but explosiveness in the centre.

That pass was like prime Merlin - I really want Foden to push on next year and make himself the main man of the team - he has the talent to do so.
I think he is going to have to replace KDB to do it. I just don’t see a situation where it’s consistently Foden and KDB together.

The game was over so there was obviously more space but it was still a gorgeous pass.

I wonder if we'll start to see him playing centrally next season.

The game was over so there was obviously more space but it was still a gorgeous pass.

I wonder if we'll start to see him playing centrally next season.
I think a midfield of Foden & KDB with Rodri anchoring is something we’ll see a lot next season.

That’s part of the reason I’m relatively relaxed about one of Silva or Gundo going. We’ve got their replacement right there, and if Bernie moves on we’ll have cash for a dynamic winger.

Sensational cameo. Bursting into space but playing keep ball. Pressing with aggression. Then that pass....wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.