47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our best player by a mile in the 1st half. Dropped off a bit in the second, but was still involved in all of our goals. Very good today, overall.

Good game and definitely one of the better players but he needs to be more impactful. As soon as cucurella is booked for the pen, he should be going at him all day. He either gets him sent off or he glides by him time and time again and we create from it. Playing too safe.

Thought today provided a very good example both of how stupidly talented he is, and also want he needs to do in order to take his career to the next stage.

Brilliant in the first half and very unlucky not to have scored a world class goal, but faded thereafter when he should have been dictating the play against a struggling full back.

Not a criticism as he was arguably on best player, but somebody that talented shouldn’t be in and out of the game.

Superb first half against Chelsea but he was quiet in the 2nd half , but Foden will never get he credit he is due ,he was a head and shoulders better than Palmer but all the after match talk was about Cool Palmer , perhaps Phil should practice taking penalties not that i can see Haaland let him near a spot kick :)

Thought today provided a very good example both of how stupidly talented he is, and also want he needs to do in order to take his career to the next stage.

Brilliant in the first half and very unlucky not to have scored a world class goal, but faded thereafter when he should have been dictating the play against a struggling full back.

Not a criticism as he was arguably on best player, but somebody that talented shouldn’t be in and out of the game.

Well said. Phil's someone I'm always hardest on because he's living my dream! So much talent and it's just the stamina to keep producing the high quality throughout the 90 minutes and not dropping off or out of the game. When things are going against us or not quite happening for us, he needs to say "I'll sort this out" get on the ball and make things happen. Such a shame he didn't get a goal for his run in the first half, that would have been an unbelievable goal. Hopefully he'll produce for 90 minutes against Liverpool and give Tsimikas a schooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.