47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
massively disagree. he cost us possession a number of times in dangerous areas bu trying too much instead of picking his moment.

the guy has the talent and attributes to have been Messi by now - starting his career on the right and yet 6 seasons in he doesnt score or create enough consistently.

seems harsh because he does play well every other game or two but there shouldn't even be a question of whether or not he is picked for big games - and yet there is for Pep

I've been making the same point for a while, but it always turns into a binary debate with no middle ground

Foden has become a 10 goal a Season PL Midfielder, which for somebody who doesn't take penalties, is absolutely fantastic

However, whereas Messi had arguably become the best player in the world at 23-24, we're still debating Foden's potential,.(or even his best position) as though he's some kind of emerging talent.

There's a common misconception that players don't peak until their late 20s, when the vast majority of world class performers actually hit the ground running at a much earlier age.

I've been making the same point for a while, but it always turns into a binary debate with no middle ground

Foden has become a 10 goal a Season PL Midfielder, which for somebody who doesn't take penalties, is absolutely fantastic

However, whereas Messi had arguably become the best player in the world at 23-24, we're still debating Foden's potential,.(or even his best position) as though he's some kind of emerging talent.

There's a common misconception that players don't peak until their late 20s, when the vast majority of world class performers actually hit the ground running at a much earlier age.

As football fans we mull over our players constantly, all we really want to see from him is a good team performance with a sprinkling of exceptionality thrown in every now and then.

Foden really hasn´t made that leap i expected from him for the last few years. He seems to have tools to be really good ,but so often the last shot, last pass or last dribble is unsuccesful and it´s quite frustrating at times.Still have hopes that he will make that next step and truly become one of the best players in the world.

I don't think Palmer has the technical skill of Phil but he certainly showed some balls waiting for ages to take a penalty in the dying seconds. I get the feeling Palmer has a bit more arrogance than Foden.

I don't think Palmer has the technical skill of Phil but he certainly showed some balls waiting for ages to take a penalty in the dying seconds. I get the feeling Palmer has a bit more arrogance than Foden.
Disagreed ! foden‘s iq is way higher than ja ja binks can only dream. Foden’s skill and decision making is unmatched tbf.

Disagreed ! foden‘s iq is way higher than ja ja binks can only dream. Foden’s skill and decision making is unmatched tbf.
I wasn't suggesting that Cole is a better player. Just think Foden needs more self belief. He's one of the most talented footballers in the world. He needs to dominate games more consistently. That for me is a mental thing.

I wasn't suggesting that Cole is a better player. Just think Foden needs more self belief. He's one of the most talented footballers in the world. He needs to dominate games more consistently. That for me is a mental thing.
Self belief? i think his medal cabinet disagrees .
Like how he did to dippers just one top of my head? ja ja binks hasn’t done shit to compare his self belief with foden .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.