47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great player but he tends to let the game pass him a bit too often. For some reason not as good as all of his attributes suggest and I don't know why is that.
He's done brilliantly as a winger considering he never played there before breaking into the City team. It's important to remember he took Sterling AND Sane's spot despite having no experience there, but I do think it's possible he's hit his ceiling there. Just look at him this past week with England playing as a 10- he's far more involved. I can't wrap my head around why Pep is okay with cutting an entire half of the field off him sticking him on a wing.

As I said previously, if he had been playing as Alvarez has in that 10 role over the last month or so, which he wants to play, and IMO SHOULD be playing, he'd have been benched weeks ago, and we'd have undoubtedly been told by Pep that he's lacking this, that, and the other to play there as it stands.

Worst performance for a good while today. No real impact in attack but also getting the basics wrong far too often. One of those days. If we had literally anybody else he would have been hooked not long after halftime. Desperate for a mahrez today.

Perhaps the lack of competition in the squad due to numbers has blunted the edge of a few of our players.
Tsimikas is a poor lb imo and Foden was not on his game today, disappointing performance.

Fuck me we are quick to get on this lads back.
By his high standards, he was off it today (and he wasn't on his own). There's no harm in saying that. It's the "he's useless, sell him" type posts that annoy me. They add nothing to any sensible discussion about any player's form (not just Phil). And I'm guessing that no one will know more than him that he was mediocre today. I'm confident, though, that he'll bounce back in the next couple of games. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

By his high standards, he was off it today (and he wasn't on his own). There's no harm in saying that. It's the "he's useless, sell him" type posts that annoy me. They add nothing to any sensible discussion about any player's form (not just Phil). And I'm guessing that no one will know more than him that he was mediocre today. I'm confident, though, that he'll bounce back in the next couple of games. Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Most of the game was played on the opposite side and more pertinent I don’t think him and Alvarez really gel together. He wasn’t involved as much as I’d like but I wouldn’t say he was mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.