47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Making games his, the only thing that was ever lacking and doing it on a regular basis, he could be the GOAT, simply up to him.

Hey Blue_Lightsaber and Mancityus...Philip Walter Foden says hello...and a nod to the other geniuses who enjoyed ripping this young superstar.
Roll call: Scottyboi, Millwallawayveteran1988, JAG, CarlosTevez'sEnglishTutor, Meeesh, Stelea, Argyle, Paolo, Mike N, Trojan1962, and Pudge.

A baker's dozen who chose not to give this homegrown world class talent even the least bit of grace. We all have opinions but there was no way I was going to let all the nasty, idiotic shit you all chatted about Phil post Palace slide by...
Not gonna hide from the criticism!

However lets be fair.. he did had a few bad run of games back there with some real brainfarts, but he has totally turned it around and can easily be rated as a 8.5/10 season!

On a personal note, it wasn't his giving the pen away that really annoyed me.. it was his firing passes at teammates with pace that they couldn't control and teams would counter off the turnover.

And I honestly cannot even remember the last time he did that.. might actually be the Palace game.

It's like a Rodri level improvement from his second season to the player he is now.

Foden totally deserves every praise he gets now!

Last edited:
I think Nunes and Doku should learn somthing from Foden.
Foden's improvement is quite logical:
What can you do for your team? A goal.
How to make a goal? Play in the middle, shot whenever it's possible.
In order to achive that , what skill-set do you need?
Catch the ball smoothly, shot it quickly, make a quick decision, confidence, etc.
If you can understand what kind of player you want to be, break your dream into many small tasks, train your skill-set through really hard work.
Then you can be another Foden. The most valuable characteristic in Foden is that he know what is needed, in a logical way. That bring him the efficiency, makes Foden to have a magical Rodri-style improvement.
If you check Rodri's skill-set, you can find he is good at adjusting his position and blocking the opponent behind him. His core strength is very strong, able to maintain his body stability like a boxer, quite physical.
That's from purposeful training, logical work.

Makes you wonder why he is never mentioned in say moving to Madrid, he’s head and shoulders above most attacking midfielders in Europe yet there is never any talk of him moving for big money

Any m8s of Phil on here. Tell him thank you for destroying Utd yesterday & making today rather pleasant at work.

Bet Phil is walking around like the king today.

Imagine being a blue & destroying the scum like that.

What a life he has

Imagine being him; a Blue all his life, watching the Pearce years, the takeover, joining his boyhood club, playing in the first team, scoring his first goal, winning trophies, progressing as a player, achieving the highest accolade, possible the Champions League, and he's still only 23.

He basically took my FIFA playthroughs and made them reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.