47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Does not have the La Pausa ability required to be a good midfielder. His best position is definitely on the wings
KDB doesn't have la pausa either, but both of them are way more dangerous than either Bernardo or Kovacic.

Nlw that KDB is injured Foden is one of the most important players in the squad. We don't have many creative players.

Does not have the La Pausa ability required to be a good midfielder. His best position is definitely on the wings
I’m sorry, but I just don’t get this La Pausa bollocks. KDB hasn’t got any La Pausa but he’s the best midfielder in the world.

The midfield in the CS all had La Pausa and we didn’t look like scoring.

Based on tonights showing (as well as previous seasons) I’d say he’s our best wide threat. On tonight’s showing alone (with KDB out) he’s our best attacking midfielder option.

I know it's a mine field but I think he still has to learn a lot and become much calmer to play in the mid.

His decisions often are too rash and losing the ball in the middle of the park isn't what we prefer with our high line.

Bernardo, Rodri and Kovacic where bossing the mid tonight.
Paqueta would fit in like a glove.

I still prefer Phil's dynamic play on the wings.
It’s a difficult balance though (and probably what Pep is trying to perfect) not unlike with Sane as him and Foden are undoubtedly 2 of the most naturally talented players we’ve had since Pep has been here. I was pitch side in their end tonight.It was good as a one off to watch the speed and. technical ability of the players so close at that level. The main things i could see were, Kovo fits really well Rodri is on another level to anyone in the world in his position and Foden has the ability to be one of the best the Premier league has seen. Admittedly at times he could keep it better but then you lose some of his potential genius. He could basically play like Jack and never lose the ball but he has the skill and talent to become truly world class.

Actually I have a strange feeling that his best position is false 9 and free to exchange place with wingers.

I’m sorry, but I just don’t get this La Pausa bollocks. KDB hasn’t got any La Pausa but he’s the best midfielder in the world.

The midfield in the CS all had La Pausa and we didn’t look like scoring.

Based on tonights showing (as well as previous seasons) I’d say he’s our best wide threat. On tonight’s showing alone (with KDB out) he’s our best attacking midfielder option.
It's about balance. You need both players who can hold on to the ball and meticulously unpick a locked defence, and players who can smash through that lock with creative genius.

KDB's not great at holding on to the ball and managing tempo, so what - he's a high risk, high reward player. Of course he could lose the ball needlessly, but that's the price you pay for the goals and assists.

This is why we surround him with players who can keep the ball and get it to him in the right moment. If everyone played like KDB it'd be exciting but our team would be exhausted, constantly losing the ball and having to win it back.

If Phil wants to play alongside KDB, he has to commit to doing the dirty work that keeps the game ticking over. If he wants to replace KDB when he's injured, if he wants the freedom KDB gets, he needs to carry KDB levels of threat.

Foden is a player with full skills but every skill he has is not the best in the squad, that makes him play several different positions when needed but never secure the first choice in one position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.