47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Phil Foden was crap last night for England, the numbers speaks for itself

Attachments

• GQQzZvEXYAAh-zW.jpeg
    GQQzZvEXYAAh-zW.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 54
He was getting seriously pissed off second half at not receiving the ball how many times did he take the ball on half turn (one of his main strengths btw )and run at there defence the midfield was swamped with bang average shite that isn’t on the same wavelength that Phil is used to

Phil had to contend with a right back playing as a left back. Trippier natural movement when passing with his right foot is to pass it inside which froze Phil of service.

There were 2 big reasons that Foden didn't shine last night. The main tactic of hoofing it up to Kane which meant 99 times out of 100 we lost possession and the other England players were too scared to pass to him with a player close to him, this is when he is most dangerous. The opposition try and dive in and Phil goes passed him, lays it off for a 1-2 or gets fouled.
Yeah I thought that. He was shouting for it, happy to receive the ball under pressure, but the team weren't comfortable with passing to someone in a small space.

And Rice is so unbelievably one-footed. Such a lopsided team. Get another left footer into midfield somewhere and a proper left-back and we'd be so much better balanced.

The problem is I don’t think rice can play as a single pivot (hence why arsenal play Jorginho or partay). So therefore rice needs someone next to him who is also defensively sound.

It then comes down to a straight choice between foden and Bellingham in the 10. As much as I love foden for city he just hasn’t performed for England where as Bellingham has been brilliant and plays with such personality he has to be the choice.

This then leaves Southgate with the choice of playing foden lw or leaving him out altogether. Personally I think it is better for the team he is left out all together and plays as bellinghams back up. It’s harsh but sadly for foden he plays in the same position as englands best player.
Totally disagree. England’s 2 most talented players by far are Bellingham and Foden. Both young and starring for the 2 best teams in Europe. We should be building a team around them. With the current system i don’t think he’s getting the best out of either. With his goal and the media hype plenty will say he’s getting the best out of Bellingham.I don’t think he is. Bellingham has everything to play deeper and bring miles more to the team than an Arnold or Gallagher. Plus then you think how much Foden has to offer in the middle with 2 quick wingers to feed.

When will we ever take the fucking handbrake off and let teams worry about us? If it doesn’t work so be it but at least it would be good to watch and have a better chance than how we currently play. Fucking Serbia had us hanging on. God knows what a good team will do against such a disjointed looking side.

Totally disagree. England’s 2 most talented players by far are Bellingham and Foden. Both young and starring for the 2 best teams in Europe. We should be building a team around them. With the current system i don’t think he’s getting the best out of either. With his goal and the media hype plenty will say he’s getting the best out of Bellingham.I don’t think he is. Bellingham has everything to play deeper and bring miles more to the team than an Arnold or Gallagher. Plus then you think how much Foden has to offer in the middle with 2 quick wingers to feed.

When will we ever take the fucking handbrake off and let teams worry about us? If it doesn’t work so be it but at least it would be good to watch and have a better chance than how we currently play. Fucking Serbia had us hanging on. God knows what a good team will do against such a disjointed looking side.
Imagine watching Foden for the past few years and coming to the conclusion the poster you replied to has.
Would be funny if it wasn’t so depressing.

A lot of hate for Phil today. We need to back our lad and not pile in on him.
Wrong forum for that, mate.
Many of the posters on here like to believe they’re ‘balanced’ and have no problem ripping into him.

I don’t agree with other players in the team being the reason for his poor performance although they don’t help. A player of his talents should be able to shine no matter what.

When he plays for England it’s like watching him at city 4/5 years ago, it’s like he doesn’t quite believe he should be there for some reason and it’s weird as he is the best of the lot. When he receives the ball he can’t wait to get rid of it again and a few times he received it he had to look around before deciding to dribble and the space had gone. Needs to improve quickly otherwise he will be dropped.

I don’t agree with other players in the team being the reason for his poor performance although they don’t help. A player of his talents should be able to shine no matter what.

When he plays for England it’s like watching him at city 4/5 years ago, it’s like he doesn’t quite believe he should be there for some reason and it’s weird as he is the best of the lot. When he receives the ball he can’t wait to get rid of it again and a few times he received it he had to look around before deciding to dribble and the space had gone. Needs to improve quickly otherwise he will be dropped.
Look at the positions of his teammates when he receives the ball. He often has no choice to play a simple pass back because of the lack of options ahead.
Half hoping he is dropped so we don’t have to read and listen to the awful takes on him in the media (unsurprisingly) and here (also sadly unsurprisingly)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.