47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

All I've read this morning from so called experts like Jamie Ohara and Ian Wright is how infective he is . I say give them what they want and fucking drop him and play their beloved TAA , who by the way was gash, in Phils place. Cunts all of them. We don't need a pile on from 'blues' as well.
If he doesn't play he gets a rest. Fuck em.
It's a Man City agenda ,absolutely nothing to do with Phil unfortunately.

It's a Man City agenda ,absolutely nothing to do with Phil unfortunately.
Indeed it is! He wins the PotS in the PL for his performances playing much of the season where? It is clear what the broadcasters are upto when yer get Rashford's goal in the GotM but the one that Phil smacked in for the equaliser, better than Rashfords, and not just my opinion either, ne'er got a mention. Rashford ran onto an easy ball whereas Phil took out half the Rag defence before shooting. The so-called experts were lightning fast to find reasons why Jack didn't go, and they will miss the point in rolling out reasons why Phil should not start.

Pep mishandled Foden despite not loaning him out and making him an integral part of our treble winning, quadruple winning etc etc team at 23 ? Extraordinary.
Yeah, the missed opportunity of a season playing in League 1! If only he had knuckled down in a lower division, in his natural berth, then surely he'd never play for England out on the wing ne'er getting a pass. Mind, I did notice that Saka was often treading a lonesome groove out on the other wing. I wonder if Southgate is emulating Alf Ramsey's tried 'n trusted tactic of no wingers - just have PotS out there on one of them and an Arse star on t'other just for some clever ornamentation?

TAA took crap free-kicks that were way below the quality Phil would have delivered. Same goes for corners. Bellingham goes off, so put Phil in his best position? No! Put Conor Gallagher on. Southgate obviously biased against Foden. We need a national coach that recognises talent.

Watched the game on delay. Phil didn't play well, no doubt about that. A lot of that is on Southgate. He's holding you guys back. In terms of pure talent, it's either England or France imo as the strongest squads in the euros. But watching England feels a bit like watching 11 highly talented players that haven't played together before, receiving different tactical instructions without any cohesion. It's just strange.

That said, I'm sure Phil would admit he didn't play well and needs to up his game a bit. A couple of shit performances though, Kane as well I felt really struggled. Might have to duck for cover with this one but I thought Saka put in the best performance on the day.

Despite being a big fan of Phil, I have to say he almost always looks lacklustre in an England shirt. Blame Southgate’s system if you like but others adapt better … and this isn’t just a recent thing.

He’ll never become a serious Ballond’Or contender until he shines on the international stage
Maybe. Buts lets wait to see how the tournament evolves. How Phil performs when the elimination stage starts will be definitive. This is the first time expectations are high for him and while he was poor last night England won and are almost into the knockout stages already. This is when things get serious and when he needs to be at his best regardless of how Southgate deploys him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.