47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Tbf to Phil he at least had three shots, one that struck the post, but he didn't have a great game again. But neither did nobody else, the whole squad look fucked to me absolutely no energy about it and that is a big concern.
We have been the worst team on show so far and that alone should be a sackable offence for Southgate alone
I thought it was less to do with energy and more to do with the fact that no one fucking knew if and when to press. I don't know what he's coaching them.

I thought it was less to do with energy and more to do with the fact that no one fucking knew if and when to press. I don't know what he's coaching them.
The confusion 're press or not ...was probably the most damning indictment of Southgate...that really irks me, as I have no idea how an international team can turn out at a tournament, genuinely not knowing what the game plan is.
I was embarrassed for the manger tbh.
Managing to get the worst out of Foden Kane and Bellingham takes some doing....we are talking high quality players here....

Was refreshing to see Phill play with a bit of a ‘f**k it’ mentality the other night and being a bit more selfish. He’s undoubtedly our most technically gifted player but playing selflessly for the good of the team/system (City) will never work with England

Bellingham’s been a 10 all season to be fair. The issue is he needs a creative midfielder behind him, which England don’t have, and his form has dropped off a cliff since christmas.

The way Southgate has set up the other two midfielders, it needs the 10 to be a playmaker, Foden there would work far better than Bellingham.
He was more of a box crashing false 9. There was no center forward in front of him 90% of the time. When Phil played inside there was always a CF in front of him (Haaland/Alvarez) and he excelled. Bellingham has NEVER been a proven 10. He's an 8, simple as...

He was more of a box crashing false 9. There was no center forward in front of him 90% of the time. When Phil played inside there was always a CF in front of him (Haaland/Alvarez) and he excelled. Bellingham has NEVER been a proven 10. He's an 8, simple as...

True, was more making the point he’s hardly been playing in midfield at all and either way if he’s going to play as either a 10 or a false nine, he needs a creative midfielder behind him that we don’t have.

Well, unless he drops Kane and plays both Bellingham and Foden centrally in the forward central positions. He’d never do it but I’d quite like to see it!

True, was more making the point he’s hardly been playing in midfield at all and either way if he’s going to play as either a 10 or a false nine, he needs a creative midfielder behind him that we don’t have.

Well, unless he drops Kane and plays both Bellingham and Foden centrally in the forward central positions. He’d never do it but I’d quite like to see it!
3 at the back would be the other option to balance the side more. Walker in the back Arnold and Saka as wingbacks. Bring Wharton in for Trippier so he could have 2 holders. Then it’s frees his 2 best players up to play closer to Kane centrally

Or maybe push Bellingham back a bit, get TAA out of the midfield, slide Foden inside behind maybe Toney and, for me, have Palmer on the left, Saka on the right...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.