47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Tbf to Phil he at least had three shots, one that struck the post, but he didn't have a great game again. But neither did nobody else, the whole squad look fucked to me absolutely no energy about it and that is a big concern.
We have been the worst team on show so far and that alone should be a sackable offence for Southgate alone
Southgate is the reverse Midas, turns gold into lead.

A bonus was that the BBC seemed to all be singing from the same hymn sheet, move Bellingham back and play Phil in number 10, couple of speedsters out wide and the balance is miles better.

Everyone can see that's the way to go but I still don't think Southgate will do that

He will probably stick with exactly the same system but start Conor Gallagher instead of Arnold or possibly think Mainoo is the answer instead of Arnold

Either way, I just don't see him growing a sack and telling Bellingham to drop deeper and that Phil is taking his place as the 10 .

A couple of lovely moves tonight - clearly lost his temper and grabbed the ball and drove past 3 midfielders before selfishly shooting - but it was very much an example of - "hey look - i'm fooking wasted here".

He'd actually be ok on the left, with a left back who overlapped and crossed and no.10 who got out of his way, and a no.8 who knew what to do on the pitch, and a no.9 who didn't bring the defence to him, and a manager who had tactics.

Only player who wanted to progress the ball when he drifted in the middle. AS long as that muppet is in charge he wont ever get to play in his actual position. Id imagine he will be dropped for the next game, good for us but feel for him.

He'd actually be ok on the left, with a left back who overlapped and crossed and no.10 who got out of his way, and a no.8 who knew what to do on the pitch, and a no.9 who didn't bring the defence to him, and a manager who had tactics.
Yeah, but apart from that, he really should be doing better…

Get rid of Bellingham in the 10 and put Phil in there. Bellingham isn't a 10 and never will be

Bellingham’s been a 10 all season to be fair. The issue is he needs a creative midfielder behind him, which England don’t have, and his form has dropped off a cliff since christmas.

The way Southgate has set up the other two midfielders, it needs the 10 to be a playmaker, Foden there would work far better than Bellingham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.