47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell even so called blues are on his back now he’s playing out of position for a shite team with a shite manager
Fucking idiots
I think Southgate's treatment of Phil stems back to the incident that saw him and the girlfriend beating Rag scum sent home. He has never fully trusted him since then.

Personally think England are better off not trying to play football. Only Phil and a couple of others are fit for purpose.
When we brought Toney on and started playing like 80s Wimbledon we looked much more dangerous.
Agreed we should just play like stoke!

very bad for england and i couldn't care less because last time i checked they're not playing in light blue

by the way the "hes playing out of position" is mad cope, he's played in that position more in his career than any other
I don't get where this "out of position" nonsense is coming from. Pep plays him there MOST times.

I don't get where this "out of position" nonsense is coming from. Pep plays him there MOST times.
He's had the best season of his career on the right/inside right. For England he's marooned on the left with a full back incapable of making runs outside of him. It's a criminal misuse of talent.

Last edited:
He's has the best season of his career on the right/inside right. For England he's marooned on the left with a full back incapable of making runs outside of him. It's a criminal misuse of talent.
True. But he does have extensive experience playing wider and the reality of the tournament so far is that his performances have been mediocre. Hopefully he gets another chance to show his huge talent, even as seems likely, out of his best position.

He was awful in the first game. Tonight, he was just quiet, but who wasn't of the attackers?
They were all shite really. Kanes goal and bellinghams one moment don’t gloss over the fact they were all bloody awful.

It’s actually a pretty remarkable job by Southgate to turn all these players who have had incredible seasons into absolute plodders, you have to hand it to him.

Face it, Foden is on a hiding to nothing in this tournament. The media are in love with Bellend and Kane, so they have both scored 2 after contributing nothing apart from the goals. Foden has been playing his heart out, but hit the post, got caught offside a couple of times because his colleagues were too slow to play him onside, so the idiots in the Metro give him a 3 and Bellend and Kane get 7. Come home Phil and retire from Internationals until Southgate gets the sack

Were those the ratings given then? Laughable. Reading our press is like watching an under 6s game where they all just tear after the ball en masse.

Actually, it's not because (a) the under 6s are endearingly funny and (b) you know they're going to grow out of it. Whereas our press seems destined to remain clueless twats ad infinitum.

His set piece deliveries were fine yesterday, should have had an assist to his name. And the offside goal was a case of him being too eager, but the pressure on him is huge, so it can be forgiven.

That being said, he needs to be doing better. I'm not going to come on here and delude myself that he's being hard done by. People saying he's out of position are doing him a disservice; it makes him sound like a limited player who needs several preconditions to be met to excel. He's better than that. He's played LW plenty of times for us and delivered. I hope we get to the final and he shows everyone he's the best in the world, because we all know he's up there. But I honestly think he'll be dropped in the next game and will struggle to get his place back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.