47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

He's been piss poor. But so have the rest of them. And he has the caveat of being played out of position.

I don't see him being in the team on Saturday personally.

very bad for england and i couldn't care less because last time i checked they're not playing in light blue

by the way the "hes playing out of position" is mad cope, he's played in that position more in his career than any other
The problem is not the position. When he plays for City he has world class team mates who pass to him. When he plays for England he has talented egotists who want the glory for themselves.

The problem is not the position. When he plays for City he has world class team mates who pass to him. When he plays for England he has talented egotists who want the glory for themselves.
more like technically inferior players cannot move the ball quickly or to someone who is not in acres of space

His set piece deliveries were fine yesterday, should have had an assist to his name. And the offside goal was a case of him being too eager, but the pressure on him is huge, so it can be forgiven.

That being said, he needs to be doing better. I'm not going to come on here and delude myself that he's being hard done by. People saying he's out of position are doing him a disservice; it makes him sound like a limited player who needs several preconditions to be met to excel. He's better than that. He's played LW plenty of times for us and delivered. I hope we get to the final and he shows everyone he's the best in the world, because we all know he's up there. But I honestly think he'll be dropped in the next game and will struggle to get his place back.
He should not have let himself be offside for that goal. That was an easy chance to put away. In such a big game and with such experience, that was criminal offense and I love Phil! You cannot let yourself be offside no matter what.

This and more of this. I don’t necessarily agree on the egoists aspect but the passing in midfield is too slow. We are not getting him the ball in places he can be dangerous. We are playing too safe with the ball. Seems to be a coaching issue to me.

He's been piss poor. But so have the rest of them. And he has the caveat of being played out of position.

I don't see him being in the team on Saturday personally.
Don’t see him being dropped. You don’t leave a player on for 95 minutes to then bin him next game.

He should not have let himself be offside for that goal. That was an easy chance to put away. In such a big game and with such experience, that was criminal offense and I love Phil! You cannot let yourself be offside no matter what.
There was a little problem with one of Slovakian defender in the line of pass. If he was a yard further back, so the ball would have been intercepted or he wouldn't been able to reach it.

Shunted and isolated far left, he's been total failure when Pep tried to play him in that position and much worse for England and its clueless manager. He thrives on little ball exchanges and quick movement and positional changes, all of that being anathema to this English manager. The sooner he is benched, the better for him and this England side.

He was shit yesterday. We all know that, but it's not all his own doing and he was unlucky with the offside. If they continue to play like cowards they should drop him. I can't abide by this ultra cautious safety first bollocks that Rice etc do. If they decide to play with bravery then he'll prosper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.