47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellingham hardly passes to anyone.

Holds on to the ball too long, tries too many step overs and cut backs and loses the ball.

Needs to learn that he doesn't always have to be the star player.
He also seems to “fall over” a lot! In fact, he lay on the floor feigning a foul when we were on the attack & the idiot didn’t get up to help!! Got up when he realised he wasn’t getting a foul but by then the attack had broken down

He also seems to “fall over” a lot! In fact, he lay on the floor feigning a foul when we were on the attack & the idiot didn’t get up to help!! Got up when he realised he wasn’t getting a foul but by then the attack had broken down

Just what a team needs - he epitomises the " emperor's new clothes " of football , or pogba mk 2

Nobody was refusing to pass him the ball.
I’m not sure I’d include Saka in that because to me, he never seems to look up before he crosses the ball.
There was a prime example of this in the second half where Foden was completely free inside the area, just inside the corner of the box. He was stood with his arms in the air asking for the ball, another player was free too but I can’t think who it was, anyway, Saka, as usual didn’t look up, instead just hit the ball across, either a shot, come cross. Wasted, three Swiss players in the box, just cleared it, easily.

Yeah, but Bellingham's only 17, and Phil needs to go out on loan.
Seriously, Phil's on a higher level than the rest of the squad. None of them know how to get the best out of him - even though it's simple: put him in the middle - free - and give him the ball at every opportunity.

Yeah, but Bellingham's only 17, and Phil needs to go out on loan.
Seriously, Phil's on a higher level than the rest of the squad. None of them know how to get the best out of him - even though it's simple: put him in the middle - free - and give him the ball at every opportunity.

No chance. Bellingham isn't going to let anyone else have a chance to shine, especially a player he knows deep down is better than him and likely to create something.

As for the rest, I also don't think they're on Phil's wavelength and they don't see the positions he takes up. Or even if they see it, they take too long to release it to him and the passing lane is nullified.

That's why Rodri is so good, he has impeccable timing of when to release the ball, never a second too early or late.

Another thing is I think maybe some of them are not used to playing with someone who can take a ball on the turn with such little room and get defenders on the back foot in a split second. Phil is arguably the best in the game at that right now. At City the players know he doesn't need acres of space, just fire it into his feet and he'll do the rest. England players always look for the player in the most amount of free space, which happens with most clubs because not every club has a Foden. So to them he may take up a position where they think it's not a great option to pass, but with Foden it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.