47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance. Bellingham isn't going to let anyone else have a chance to shine, especially a player he knows deep down is better than him and likely to create something.

As for the rest, I also don't think they're on Phil's wavelength and they don't see the positions he takes up. Or even if they see it, they take too long to release it to him and the passing lane is nullified.

That's why Rodri is so good, he has impeccable timing of when to release the ball, never a second too early or late.

Another thing is I think maybe some of them are not used to playing with someone who can take a ball on the turn with such little room and get defenders on the back foot in a split second. Phil is arguably the best in the game at that right now. At City the players know he doesn't need acres of space, just fire it into his feet and he'll do the rest. England players always look for the player in the most amount of free space, which happens with most clubs because not every club has a Foden. So to them he may take up a position where they think it's not a great option to pass, but with Foden it is.
I think you agree with me - only Foden is world class in our squad.
If Bellingham is thought of as world class, Foden is universe-class.

I think you agree with me - only Foden is world class in our squad.
If Bellingham is thought of as world class, Foden is universe-class.

I agree.

Kane is a world class finisher but we haven't got the team or approach to put it on a plate for him. Unless you can do that then he offers little because he has no mobility anymore. Basically like Ronaldo today.

Bellingham is not a world class player. He's a mediocre passer, no great vision, doesn't run games. He's just a good athlete to get around the pitch well, with good timing to chip in with goals. He's a slightly better version of Scott McTominay in terms of footballing attributes, with better looks and PR team.

Foden's footballing intelligence is beyond the players around him for England, hence why they never see the positions he takes up.

Hate to say it but on the international level, Saka having 12 goals in 36 games shows that he is also world class.
Looking at his record, the stat's are deceptive - as ever.
Many of the games were against shite, in qualifiers. 3 of the goals were a hat trick against the might of North Macedonia! He scored against Andorra in 2 games, and the mighty San Marino and Iran. Switzerland is the strongest team he's scored against. Also, he's rarely played out of position, if ever.
He's a good player and I'd have him at City, but, he's not on Foden's level, imho.

There is a weird hate campaign against him on social media. He obviously hasn't been at his club level but who is?

Kane and Bellingham have been poorer than him every game outside the first but there is not a peep about either on social media.

He needs to score next game at the minimum to change the general opinion on him. The average fan doesn't care about anything else and will parrot that he has been shit even when Southgate praised his performance in particular.

There is a weird hate campaign against him on social media. He obviously hasn't been at his club level but who is?

Kane and Bellingham have been poorer than him every game outside the first but there is not a peep about either on social media.

He needs to score next game at the minimum to change the general opinion on him. The average fan doesn't care about anything else and will parrot that he has been shit even when Southgate praised his performance in particular.
Not at all weird. The mutants on social media are ripping Phil because he is a symbol of Man City, simple as...tribalism at it's worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.