47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

This has to be Foden's season. People can try to change narrative and say whatever they want, but the reality is that Foden's best season with us is still 20/21. At that point he was up there with Haaland and Mbappe, but not anymore.

I still have all the faith on him, but he deserves criticism too.

He looked a bit lost in the first half playing a deeper role beside Kovacic - but once he was pushed further forward into an inside left position where he could link up with Grealish he was far more effective. I hope that can become his main position and he has a good run there - if he does - we may not even notice that De Bruyne is missing.

Thanks. I thought the players decided.
No worries. Just saw your earlier response.

I think he just needs more time in the middle. Although, he did look comfortable when he moved to the wing.

I’m going to have patience as he’s shown flashes of brilliance when he’s had a few chances running through the middle.

I wish people would stop expecting a Maradonna v England 1986 type performance every time he plays. Just keep playing him, we’ll reap the benefits with consistency.

Seems like no one has any patience on here at all. It was one game. I thought he was decent in spells, but could have been better.

May as well sell Haaland as he was poor
I've no major issue with Foden, but it's going to get to a point where if he is going to become a pivotal player for us, he has to start impacting games more often. Like more often than not.

At the moment he's just always on the edge of the game, a nearly man if you will.

He has to start to become one of the main men soon, otherwise you start to struggle to see where he fits in, especially with the apparent incomings.

Possibly a harsh take, I just don't him to get to 27 and us be saying the same things about him.

I've no major issue with Foden, but it's going to get to a point where if he is going to become a pivotal player for us, he has to start impacting games more often. Like more often than not.

At the moment he's just always on the edge of the game, a nearly man if you will.

He has to start to become one of the main men soon, otherwise you start to struggle to see where he fits in, especially with the apparent incomings.

Possibly a harsh take, I just don't him to get to 27 and us be saying the same things about him.

I’m not sure I agree. He regularly gets assists, goals and makes things happen in games. Surely that’s impacting games.

Maybe if we’re judging him solely on this game I’d agree. Last week he set up the goal and was pivotal in us taking the lead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.