47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

He’s due a goal, maybe it’ll be Sunday where he has his moment.

I was thinking yesterday about how close he's been.

He was involved in all three of the goals we've had chalked off for offside. He hit the post twice, and now he's had a potential wonder goal cleared off the line.

Small margins - and you wonder if that first shot had gone in off the post, rather than out, he'd have kicked on with a lot more confidence.

I think he has had more shots than anyone else in the England side, but with Kane in the side, why is Kane rarely seen anywhere near the box? High crosses into the box and the only players who seem to regularly get into a potential scoring position are Foden and Saka.

Really felt for him last night. 3 inches to the right, or getting a slightly better shot off after that dribble, and he's got two goal of the tournament contenders along with being back in everyone's good graces brimming with confidence. He and Mainoo are linking well and even though Saka is having to play wingback I'm sure he's still much happier with those two in proximity (Walker was a lot better last night).

He's still not receiving the balls he wants quick enough from his team mates. No one shows for the pass more than Foden and too few players are showing the stones to pass when he's not wide open with 10 acres around him in every direction. Foden makes space. Give him the fucking ball.

Linking up well with Mainoo. Only England player looking to find Phil regularly. Glad hes over on the right side more often with him and Saka as they aren't greedy bastards.
It is staggering how neither Bellend nor Rice are prepared to pass the ball to Phil. It’s almost like they are in a “Who’s the best” contest and they know they are losing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.