47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.....he wasn't great last night......but that wasn't the game to judge his future as a 10.

Akanji,who through largely no fault of his own,was one of his supply lines ffs!

Phil is an incredible talent,im really not sure some of you realise.

I’d hazard a guess as to that’s why the frustration is so large at games like last night.

He's an incredible talent, probably the most naturally talented players ever to come through the club, but it's time for him to dominate games week in week out and he will have a better opportunity with the loss of KDB.

Maybe he will never be that midfield general type,perhaps he will just improve on the talent he has to dribble,link play,find that eye of a needle pass,and generally cause havoc.
He is a different player to Gundo and Kev,that doesn't make him any less of a threat or any less important to the bigger picture.For me,when 100%,he will always be one of the first names on our sheet and if that's playing slightly wider......so be it.

Last night had zero bearing on anything,it was a makeshift 11 that will probably never play together again.
This makes no sense

Bernardo and Dias were injured, Stones coming back from injury so only fit enough for the bench

Right now, given the above, that is arguably our best XI other than Alvarez for Palmer

Far from makeshift

This makes no sense

Bernardo and Dias were injured, Stones coming back from injury so only fit enough for the bench

Right now, given the above, that is arguably our best XI other than Alvarez for Palmer

Far from makeshift
Of course it makes sense.....Dias,Stones and Bernie will be back and playing in their natural positions on Saturday,Haaland will also give a fuck.

If you didnt notice.......We had Akanji playing passes into Foden last night.

Maybe he will never be that midfield general type,perhaps he will just improve on the talent he has to dribble,link play,find that eye of a needle pass,and generally cause havoc.
He is a different player to Gundo and Kev,that doesn't make him any less of a threat or any less important to the bigger picture.For me,when 100%,he will always be one of the first names on our sheet and if that's playing slightly wider......so be it.
Not what I was implying, he is very much Phil Foden his own man but he needs to be taking games by the scruff far more often, he has the talent and the attitude to do so.

Foden was man marked all game and there was no room in the middle of the pitch. Our two wingers kept cutting back and cutting inside into where all the traffic was so Foden had two/three Sevilla players around him all the time.

Akanji was also in the fucking way, lumbering about in the space in midfield where Foden needed to be.

Not Foden’s game last night, but it’s only one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.