47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden playing centrally is just a joy to watch. How anyone could watch his performance against Newcastle and not smile is beyond me.

He does seem very un-Pep like in that area though. He gets the ball and the game speeds up. He gets you off your seat and he’s just a menace in the final third.

It does tend to go against Pep’s desire for control and I hope he doesn’t get shifted out wide now Palmer has left and Nunes has come in.

Phil's problem is he is always picking up niggles and ailments. Sunday was a perfect example. He was superb against Newcastle then picks up a bug and is out against Sheffield United. The lad needs to get an uninterrupted run of ten to fifteen games in midfield while Kev is out. Now we have Nunez this may not happen.

Phil's problem is he is always picking up niggles and ailments. Sunday was a perfect example. He was superb against Newcastle then picks up a bug and is out against Sheffield United. The lad needs to get an uninterrupted run of ten to fifteen games in midfield while Kev is out. Now we have Nunez this may not happen.
Rodri is a case in point. It might just be luck or genetics so it's unfair to criticise in one respect but phill should be looking at rodri and thinking how do I be that fit

Rodri is a case in point. It might just be luck or genetics so it's unfair to criticise in one respect but phill should be looking at rodri and thinking how do I be that fit

Some players just always seem to be injured. The most famous one I remember was Darren Anderton at Spurs. Hopefully it settles down for him because an injury free Foden in his stride will be a huge asset for us.

I don't really remember him getting injured too much.

I recall slabhead twatting into his ankle when we played Leicester and him getting similar impact injuries in England and City training but other than that he got appendicitis this year. Not really sure what he can learn from Rodri in any of those scenarios.

Made me laugh in one of the Korean videos this summer when they wanted him, Erling and Rico to kick basketballs into a hoop and you could just hear Phil saying "nah, injury risk, that."

With Phil looking in great form, it will doubtless be stopped dead by Southgate after this weekend. I don’t think he has ever come back from England in one piece. He is either injured or demoralised for us to pick up again.
I really hope it's different this time.

Puts in a 10/10 versus Fulham and then gets shoehorned back out wide... Frustrating as a fan. Hard to imagine how he feels about it.

Puts in a 10/10 versus Fulham and then gets shoehorned back out wide... Frustrating as a fan. Hard to imagine how he feels about it.
I'm sure he understands that different opposition will require us to set up in different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.