5:2 diet

SWP's back said:
wayne71 said:
I'm going to give this a go starting next week, in the the meantime is there any books or websites anyone can recommend I can read up on?

Also just downloading the insanity workout, obviously there are no instructions do you just follow each dvd every day for a week and move on to the next?
There are instructions in one of the files mate or pm me your email address and I'll send the docs that come with it.

Much appreciated, cheers.

wayne71 said:
SWP's back said:
wayne71 said:
I'm going to give this a go starting next week, in the the meantime is there any books or websites anyone can recommend I can read up on?

Also just downloading the insanity workout, obviously there are no instructions do you just follow each dvd every day for a week and move on to the next?
There are instructions in one of the files mate or pm me your email address and I'll send the docs that come with it.

Much appreciated, cheers.
No probs mate.

Howling Wolf said:
adrianr said:
Howling Wolf said:
i think this is the idea though you are creating a calorie deficit over the whole week, but the body doesnt start storing extra fat as the fasting days are only at regular intervals, a bit like the reason why people on ultra low calorie diets will have a cheat meal once a week.

btw i have been doing IF slightly differently, I fast from bed time till 6pm everyday. and then have an earing period between 6pm and 10pm. during the fasting period i just have protein shake first thing and at lunch.

I am gonna try 5:2 next to see if suites me better.

Hate to break it to you mate but what you're doing isn't IF. You're not fasting during the fasted phase, you're having breakfast and lunch :p

A 4 hour eating window is incredibly small to get all your calories in too (depending on what you're trying to do, loose weight/cut it's not so bad, maintain/bulk it's nearly impossible). Before going to 5:2 maybe try a Leangains style 16:8 (hours not days), properly fasting for 16 hours (not even a shake) and having a larger eating window to consume all your calories. My eating window is usually 1pm till 9pm, so a large part of my fasted state is sleeping, I can have lunch as normal and dinner as normal too. Only thing I have in the morning is a cup or two of black coffee.

Found this so easy to integrate into normal life as I was never really one for breakfast anyway. Getting through to 1pm is a piece of piss too if you have things to do in the morning (like work). Don't have to have any fasted days, still easy to do on the weekends, can still eat out in the evenings. If you find this doesn't work of course give 5:2 a whirl, but this may be a slightly easier starting point.

Well the way I understood it was during the fasting period you consume a quarter of your normal calories and then a normal meal during the eating window. I train everyday sometimes before work as well, so two protein feeds is very very roughly a quarter of what I might normally have in those hours. To be honest though my weight has remained stubornly at around seventeen stone, however I feel I have become leaner. I am a binge eater and over eat when I am training all the time and sometimes have huge gains and can put on stones inn weeks so personally I think I have had moderate success with this as it is controlling my eating.

I might try going till one like you say with nothing but suspect i will be more likely to over eat later on if I try this. Thanks for the info.

Sorry fella missed this reply. Every IF plan has it's own little rules or guidelines for how much you can consume in the fasted phase, and as with a lot of things in your body it's not an on/off switch, so having a snack won't immediately cease the fast, it's all transient. However the more you try and run the program at the limits of these guidelines, generally speaking the less successful it will be. Plus given you feel that you've hit a plateau, perhaps switching it up would be a good idea anyway. You may find that properly fasting for 16 hours and feeding for 8 will yield better results than semi-fasting for 20 hours and eating for 4.

Going to start this. Not eaten yet so might as well strike while the iron is hot and call today a fasting day. I go on holiday in 3 weeks so there's probably not much point starting now but worth a go I suppose.

Im on my 2nd fast day today (last thursday was 1st)

Loads of water is helping, having baked cod (100g) with tomatoes, capers and olives for tea.

Just hoping I dont flake out at the gym later, although Im not going to be doing anything too strenuous!!

Starting this today as I am a fat fooking whale right now

Man the haaaaarpoooooonnnnssss

SWP's back said:
bobmcfc said:
Starting this today as I am a fat fooking whale right now

Man the haaaaarpoooooonnnnssss
If you need any 1 on 1 training give me a shout

I shall take that into consideration.
I'm doing my 500/600 calorie day today as its my day off and I don't do much in the way of moving on my days off ;) can I eat anything that falls into the 600 calorie limit ? Within reason of course, like a sandwich ? I don't have to cut out All carbs or all fat ect ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.