5:2 diet

SWP's back said:
@everyone else, some of the people sniffing their noses at Insanity and the like have a great background in training (FI, blue coop, why always Ste etc) and they are totally correct in that Insanity necessarily isn't the be all and end all, but I think they sometimes forget that the vast majority don't go a gym, or take part in team training or anything of the sort and that for those people the ordered structure and motivation from Sean T and the gang is a great help.

Don't be embarrassed into not doing it as the posters above are too macho for it.

You got me wrong there Sam,i wasn't knocking Insanity,for the very reasons you state.

I should expand........ My point was that if you can motivate yourself,and with a little self education,you can easily formulate a diet and bodyweight workout plan that doesn't rely on an expensive purchase.

If structure is needed then Insanity and similar routines are great.

Apologies for any confusion.

FantasyIreland said:
SWP's back said:
@everyone else, some of the people sniffing their noses at Insanity and the like have a great background in training (FI, blue coop, why always Ste etc) and they are totally correct in that Insanity necessarily isn't the be all and end all, but I think they sometimes forget that the vast majority don't go a gym, or take part in team training or anything of the sort and that for those people the ordered structure and motivation from Sean T and the gang is a great help.

Don't be embarrassed into not doing it as the posters above are too macho for it.

You got me wrong there Sam,i wasn't knocking Insanity,for the very reasons you state.

I should expand........ My point was that if you can motivate yourself,and with a little self education,you can easily formulate a diet and bodyweight workout plan that doesn't rely on an expensive purchase.

Insanity is a fair price, about 4 months sub to a normal gym. Most people give up on the gym after 2 so its not that bad.

FantasyIreland said:
SWP's back said:

In that case I fully agree, I'd certainly never recommend anyone paying for insanity, not when they can download it for free and "macho" was probably the wrong terminology anyway so for that I apologise mate.

So going to start this diet tomorrow.

Although my fast days will be tuesday and thursday.

Mon, Wed and Fri are my weight days and I need my energy for them days.

Tues and Thurs I aim to just have some chicken or fish with some steamed veg, shouldn't be more than 600 calories so should be ok to follow this diet.

Scottyboi said:
FantasyIreland said:
SWP's back said:

Insanity is a fair price, about 4 months sub to a normal gym. Most people give up on the gym after 2 so its not that bad.

Think you've missed the point a bit Scottie, as said, you could pay NOTHING at all, learn some basic nutrition, and still formulate a programme that would give you the same results as 'Insanity', I could go to my local park and with the kids climbing apparatus, or similar, a hill or some steps and do exactly what 'Insanity' does mate.

It's just old school stuff really, re-branded and neatly packaged to hit a certain market, where it's all done for them where people don't have to do much thinking, not slating 'Insanity' either, it will work, it's just not a magic bullet.

First day of the 5:2 plan, under 500 calories by tonight. If anybody hears a loud rumbling its not a large aircraft or train going by it'll be my stomach! Resisted the temptation of the ale yesterday to!

bammy blue said:
First day of the 5:2 plan, under 500 calories by tonight. If anybody hears a loud rumbling its not a large aircraft or train going by it'll be my stomach! Resisted the temptation of the ale yesterday to!
Good work fella, green tea, black coffee and water all day.

I promise you that your dinner will taste nice and remember beansprouts are great as they are filling and virtually calorie free.

SWP's back said:
bammy blue said:
Good work fella, green tea, black coffee and water all day.

I promise you that your dinner will taste nice and remember beansprouts are great as they are filling and virtually calorie free.

Very good tip that SWP, they just go off too quick if you buy them in bulk, so, just don't buy them in bulk lol.

I'm going to give this a go starting next week, in the the meantime is there any books or websites anyone can recommend I can read up on?

Also just downloading the insanity workout, obviously there are no instructions do you just follow each dvd every day for a week and move on to the next?

wayne71 said:
I'm going to give this a go starting next week, in the the meantime is there any books or websites anyone can recommend I can read up on?

Also just downloading the insanity workout, obviously there are no instructions do you just follow each dvd every day for a week and move on to the next?
There are instructions in one of the files mate or pm me your email address and I'll send the docs that come with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.